“Great staff. Mediocre food. Far from San Jose.”

Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Curridabat
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great staff. Mediocre food. Far from San Jose.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are as good as any I've experienced in the world. Genuinely friendly - we especially had a great experience with Daniella, who helped us check-in for our flight the night prior and also gave us info on what to do in the area.

The rooms were clean and the hotel nice. Location wasn't ideal for us as we wanted to head into San Jose for a day trip, but that is our fault as we should have researched better. Also, pool was too cold to swim while we were there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_SJ_Management, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We were delighted to hear how you were struck by the friendliness of our staff and have shared your positive comments with Daniella & the rest of the team.
We were pleased that you had a good impression of the hotel however were sorry our location was not as practical for your day trips and that the menu did not meet your expectations. Our Chef takes care to adhere to the highest standards, we attempt to keep our Food & Beverage offering interesting with daily specials and a menu that ensures flexibility.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

With best regards and thank you again for staying at the Hyatt Place.

Luciano Julio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is was absolutely stunning. It was easy to find, had ample parking and in a great location.
The rooms are so beautiful and comfortable. Our room was two queens and it has a sitting area with an L shaped sofa. It had an ultra modern bathroom.

The hotel has a morning breakfast buffet that has a lot of fruit, eggs prepared the way you want, breads and some local dishes. Very nice dining area. It is nicely decorated.

The staff were exceptional. The Hyatt knows how to treat customers.
The towels are so soft and the sheets are crisp. Perfect.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jugaria70
Belize City, Belize
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay and I am totally happy with this hotel! Location is great, lots of Restaurants in plaza as well! The staff and management are very pleasant and accommodating thanks Peter and Beatriz!
I will certainly return!

• Stayed May 2014
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares since Dec 2013 and have enjoyed each stay. The complimentary breakfasts are well laid out and plentiful, and the beds are super comfy with nice linens. Unique location situated in a mall which provides plenty of options for outside dining as well as shopping. Lots of parking, too. Will stay there again on my next visit to San José!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Loy22
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I originally planned on staying 3 nights but I ended up extending my reservation for 2 additional nights. I cancelled my reservation for the Marriott in San Jose because of the superb treatment that I received at the Hyatt Place Pinares. The location was ideal, outside of San Jose away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This hotel is located in a shopping mall with great restaurants and some American restaurants such as Denny's, McDonald's, Subways. There is a pharmacy, walmart and radio shack. I had the opportunity to eat at Mira Miro and La Kreme, excellent nearby restaurants.

My room was clean, with a large bathroom, there is free wifi and the breakfast buffet was excellent with fresh fruit, the usual eggs, bacon and waffles, cereal etc. I enjoyed the pinto de gallo (rice and beans). The staff was very accommodating and courteous. They went above and beyond to ensure that I had an excellent stay. I travelled to Costa Rica by myself, a single woman and I felt very safe and secure in the hotel. I called before I arrived and spoke with Beatriz, she was very accommodating and help set up my taxi ride from the airport to Pinares, that's the best way to do it, the cost is between $45-50 (one way). It is a little pricey but it is also a distance from the airport. The other front desk staff members that were helpful, Laura, Mariel, Valeria and Jorge. I can't commend them enough. They reached out to me everyday and provided maps to local attractions and I even caught the public bus from San Jose to Manuel Antonio. I have stayed at the Marriott and Hilton properties but I must say, the service that I received at the Hyatt Pinares was superb. I would definitely stay here again when I travel to Costa Rica. It is well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank islandqueenb
Greenwood Village
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Better then great actually! The location is more suburban then downtown, but a short ride to city center. Being located in a mall / restaurant center worked out ideal. Numerous excellent full service restaurants located within 2 a minute walk plus some fast food location including a McDonald’s if you got kids. The area also included a Walmart so the things you forgot packing are ready available.
The neighborhood was clean and felt safe with local shopping available. Being just off the main freeway meant trips to or from the airport or downtown where reasonably navigable with the airport being ½ to hour away dependent on time of day.
Staff at the hotel where very cordial, friendly, and helpful along with being cheerful and quick to assist. The rooms where quite, extremely clean, specious and modern with abundance of towels located in a large bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with an large selection of food in large quantity that was still available for late risers.
We stayed at the hotel 3 times (1 night each) over a 2 week period while in Costa Rica, each visit we found the experience to be excellent!
Return trips to Costa Rica will defiantly include stays at the Hyatt Pinares

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rick F
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just stayed one night.... a really good experience.... very professional staff... great facilities... great breakfast....

if i have one complaint and it is not really a complaint.... it is that for the cab driver from the airport it was difficult for him to find.... if the hotel could provide some written directions in both english and spanish that could be given to drivers this might be helpful... also, would have liked a jacuzzi in addition to the pool which was too cold to go into

all in all... a wonderful short stay...

thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nat d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Curridabat
Hotel Presidente
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#13 of 78 in San Jose

Been to Hyatt Place San Jose Pinares? Share your experiences!