“Great second visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stoke Rochford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great second visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Recently returned for a one night stay as we were in the area following a 60th birthday treat for my husband. It's worth a visit for the beautiful grounds themselves and the drive down to the stunning Hall itself. We were warmly welcomed and made our way to the Lincoln Room which is huge with incredibly high ceilings and flooded with light. We chilled on the comfy sofa and caught up with emails - free wifi a big plus. The large bathroom benefits from both bath and separate shower. Dinner itself was excellent, matched by the discreet yet attentive service. We chose dishes from the set menu but it was easy to mix and match as required with the a la carte should you wish. After dinner drinks were taken into the lovely terraced gardens at the rear. A real gem hidden just if the A1. All in all, a lovely stay and we hope to return.

Room Tip: The Lincoln is lovely if you want to treat yourself
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your 5/5 review and I was thrilled to read just how much you enjyed your return visit to Stoke Rochford Hall. From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits.

Barry Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We attended a 1940's Murder Mystery event in May, it turned out to be a really good evening, well organised and we had an authentic and tasty meal - I'm still not sure how they served so many people so efficiently and the meal was still hot!. The event took place in the library which provided a lovely setting and a good time was had by all!
What I really wanted to say is how wonderful the staff were when I got home and realised that I had left my ipad in the bedroom draw! They were very helpful and efficient, and quickly let me know they had retrieved the ipad. They then packaged it up and provided all the information required by the courier company - I was both grateful and very impressed at how well they dealt with the situation - a very big thank you from me.
The courtyard rooms are average but perfectly comfortable and good value, the main house and the grounds are lovely. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review and I am particularly pleased to read that the team were efficient & helpful in reuniting you and your missing iPad. Great to read that you enjoyed our most recent Murder Mystery party ngiht and we look forward to welcoming you back to another of our frequent themed events.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went with my partner on the last Sunday in May for two days.
Stayed in a lovely room in the Old Stable yard, with a gorgeous view.
Had a really great stay.
Food was superb. My vegan dietary requirements catered for really well. Haven't been there for two years and the food, which was always good has really improved.
Lovely walks. Another improvement was the vegetables and herbs grown in the gardens, now being used for the guests' meals.
Free internet which is great- many places still charge for this, which I find really mean.
Staff were really friendly - nothing was too much trouble.
Will definitely be back soon.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a desk!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your 5/5 reveiw and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your return visit to Stoke Rochford Hall. Thank you in particular for mentioning our developments in the kitchen; our new head chef James Walker really is lifting our restaurant, bars & afternoon tea menus to a whole new level. I was particularly pleased to read that the team were able to exceed your expectations with regards to your personal dietary requests, as we always aim to deliver a World Class service to each and every one of our valued guests. From all the Stoke Rochford Team, we look forward to welcoming you back for many more visits and hope to see you again long before 2 years next time round.

Best regards

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The grounds of this hotel are amazing and as you drive up and you see tge mansion it really has the wow factor.

I stayed here for two nights. I stayed in the Old Stables Courtyard. I asked for a quiet room and my request was granted so I was very greatful. My room was a decent size and was very quiet, and house keeping did a great job ensuring the room was clean. The linen was crisp amd the bed very very comfortable. I had two wonderful nights sleep and I wasn't able to hear any noise from the rooms above or the corridor/stairs area.

The food was very nice and warm; it was buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with waiting staff taking desert orders at lunchtime. At times the waiting staff were slow to offer tea/coffee, provide water or take the desert order, but when you got their attention they were very quick at getting what was ordered.

The downside, the bathroom in my room was not very nice. There was mould on the ceiling and grouting & the water drained very slowely from the shower and actually over flowed twice. I was disappointed when I saw the bathrrom. I did tell staff and they said they'd look into it. This is why I have given the hotel a 3 rating instead of a 4.

This hotel could actually be amazing with a little bit of modernisation. As I said, I would have given the hotel a 4.if the bathroom had been up to scratch.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review and I am pleased to see that, overall, you enjoyed your recent stay with us. With regards to your feedback on the bathroom, I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed and can advise that we have a rolling programme of both reactive & planned maintenance to continually renovate & improve the facilities at Stoke Rochford Hall. I trust you can appreciate that the maintenance of such a large grade 1 listed building is not without it's challenges. I would really appreciate if you could private message me via the Tripadvisor system so that we can identify the particular room you were staying in and prioritise that particular bathroom for urgent attention.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice place but the rooms are a bit dated and could do with refurbishment i stayed in the Old Stable Courtyard, apart from that the hall was nice and the gardens did not get chance to visit the spa so unable to comment

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You may be interested to know that we have a rolling programme of developments & refurbishments throughout the hotel through which we aim to keep updating & improving the rooms, public areas and grounds of Stoke Rochford Hall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and would encourage you to consider upgrading to one of our Mansion house superior rooms, which really are worth the modest supplement.

best regards,

Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were very pleased to make a return visit to this hotel especially as the last time we went they were in the middle of refurbishing certain areas of the hotel. The food was excellent, both at dinner and at breakfast, and my dietary needs were taken care of without any fuss or objections from the staff. The service was excellent and the staff very obliging. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and look forward to going again in the near future.

Room Tip: The Stables Rooms are very nice but do consider paying a little bit extra for an upgrade to the Mans...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It is always a pleasure to welcome back old friends and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed this visit, just as much as previously. From all of the Stoke Rochford Hall team, we look forward to welcoming you back for many further visits.

durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

13 of us stayed here to celebrate our mums 76th birthday on the 24th May and we were not disappointed, we upgraded 2 rooms to the main house and the other guests stayed in the stable block, I would advise anyone to pay for the upgrade as the main house is stunning, although those in the stable block were happy with their accommodation. breakfast was great with plenty of choice, we had a slight problem in the afternoon with the birthday cake but thanks to the chef this was quickly made right I didn't get the chance to thank him so if this could be passed on i'd appreciate it :) thank you to the manager (I think it was the manager anyway) for the champagne it was such a lovely gesture. we all had a great weekend and the sun was shining which was a bonus as the grounds are wonderful, Mum had a lovely time and we made some great memories thanks again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank durhammum
Barry1972, General Manager at Stoke Rochford Hall, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your 5/5 review. I'm delighted to read that we were able to make your family celebrations all the more special & I have passed your thanks on to Alex, our pasty chef regarding the birthday cake. we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many more family occasions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Rochford
Premier Inn Grantham Hotel
Eden House Hotel
Eden House Hotel
#7 of 9 in Grantham

Been to Stoke Rochford Hall? Share your experiences!