We were so impressed by the outside of this grand Victorian property and exquisite grounds. However, were very disappointed with the shabby interior and less than friendly receptionist. However, the majority of staff were friendly and helpful.
We arrived at our courtyard room to find a mountain of dirty sheets and towels stacked against the door. These were quickly removed and we entered the small room and were almost knocked out by the smell of urine. This was put down to a burst pipe earlier in the day and a lack of staff to clean the rooms. The bathroom was filthy and spiders run up and down the shutters in the bedroom collecting prey in their webs. There was no running water in the room which was the last straw and we asked to be given another room. The second room was slightly bigger but had not been cleaned yet so we were asked to wait in the other room for 15 minutes until this one was prepared for occupancy. We arrived half an hour later to find only the sheets and towels changed. Pubic hairs adorned the beige bath and toilet which had faeces down the pan, and the floor was filthy. The carpet had never been vacuumed and the previous occupants had spilled coffee down the front of the drawers and had left biscuit crumbs on the top of the drawers. The operations manager was called and he admitted that this was unacceptable. He apologised and offered to bring us bottles of water (very hot day) and send someone to clean the room again. The water never arrived and a half hearted attempt was made at cleaning the room. If we had not been here to attend a wedding we would have left.
The meal in the restaurant was the worse meal I have ever eaten. Other diners were of the same opinion but none of us complained because we did not want to cause any distress to the bridal party.
This hotel has the potential to be a five star establishment when managed by the right people, if this happens we might come back but as it stands we would not recommend this hotel for anything other than a drink at the bar and the beautiful scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoke Rochford Hall is a 4* Hotel situated in peaceful, rolling countryside in the heart of the East Midlands Shires. The idyllic and tranquil environment offers a perfect retreat away from the demands of modern day city life. Yet its easily accessible, central location and excellent transport links mean that Stoke Rochford Hall really does have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Stoke Rochford Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Rochford Hall Hotel Stoke Rochford
- Stoke Rochford Hall Lincolnshire