“not good”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014

has certainly changed over the last few years and not for the better. whole service absolutely terrible (even with the new owner in there from what I could work out), food not tasty at all and very overpriced.
used to go there all the time while on holiday but certainly won't go again.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This restaurant has been refurbished since I last ate here, so I was hopeful for an improved visit. We had the carvery, but was disappointed at having to wait in a very long queue to be served the meat, which consisted of two very thinly sliced pieces of beef. So thin that the 'chef' was unable to cut complete slices. The vegetable offering was disappointing too, there was fresh carrots and broccoli but this was let down by frozen peas and sweetcorn. The yorkshire puddings on offer had been left in the oven too long and were burnt! Not a nice taste on your meal. The desserts were also disappointing, as most of what was advertised had 'run out' just sundaes left.The sundaes seemed to be cobbled up with whatever they could find in the kitchen. I ordered the wild berry sundae, which arrived without wild berries, just tinned strawberries and cheap tasting strawberry ice cream. Others in my party had similar experience. The service was also extremely slow, over half an hour to get the deserts, I think they had run to the local shop for supplies.On the upside, there is a big car park.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I and my Husband decided to go to Brading for Dinner one evening and thought we should give the Bugle a try as we have been to the other eating Establishments in Brading and not tried this Pub, we was looking forward to trying somewhere new, well we was Very Wrong to say the least,we sat down and heard two different kinds of music being played one from the bar and the other from the Kitchen was not a very good mix either. We both had Homemade Steak and Ale Pie with Chips and Peas, the Pie was not top quality Homemade Pie. Am sorry a Pie is a Pie with Filling encased in pastry, not ours, ours were served in a oval dish with a rolled out piece of pastry over the top which in my tastes looked undercooked and the steak and ale Filling was Bland not much Taste at all and not much meat in the filling either, Chips were adequate and the peas still tasted Frozen like not been boiled properly, for the portions and price a would recommend the Wheatsheath up the Road or The White Horse or even better Brother's Fish and Chip Shop if you want your money's worth, we both felt we were being ripped off and will certainly not bother with the Bugle again.

1  Thank Janet D
Reviewed 11 January 2014

according to the reviews seen here. We were met at the door by smiling staff, shown to a table by the roaring fire (it was a very cold day). Within minutes of ordering from a spotless menu, our food and drinks arrived. Beautifully served on wooden boards. Delicious BLT's, crisps and salad (excellent dressing). The room itself was inviting. We wished we had the time to have stayed longer. We will certainly go back.

2  Thank Misheck
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This was honestly the worst food I've ever been served (once it finally arrived). I went here in the summer and enjoyed quite a nice meal, however, when I returned today 27/12/13 they had changed the menu... I couldn't see anything with a a bit of sauce (like curry/chilli) just dry dishes which were all overpriced! Even £5.95 for a kids meal!! Anyway after choosing between the lack of dishes I decided to have the goats cheese tart, which 15 minutes later they told me they didn't have so I changed to a chicken ranch burger. Another 15minutes passed before they came and told us the soup of the day (Stilton and broccoli) my husband ordered had ran out too, and offered him tomato and basil... This took another 20minutes looked and tasted like a lumpy cuppa soup! Yum! After nearly an hour of ordering came the atrocious main course, how do you go wrong with a chicken burger? The chicken was overcooked to the point that parts were inedible, then I came across the connective tissue that the chef obviously hadn't bothered to trim (pic uploaded)... This was accompanied by a handful of wilted rocket for the side salad and small bucket of chips (which counted as a side). The whole meal was bland and completely tasteless. I also uploaded a picture of the peas my son had with his meal... Let's face it peas are not difficult to cook... Apparently for this chef it's a different case, they were as hard as bullets! I will never eat here again which is such a shame as the kids like the indoor and outdoor play, but not for that price... Total waste of time and money, don't bother!