Brading Railway Heritage Centre and Tearooms
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Brading
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Out of the way, ok if you like trains. The coffee is cheap in the tea room and I don't mean to buy,it like my gran used all chicory and no bean

2  Thank Gaspode1
"volunteers"
in 12 reviews
"photographs"

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We called in just as they were closing but the guide was only too happy to show us around. Not bad for only £1! We had a personal guided tour of the station and signal box and nothing was too much trouble. We were a bit late for tea but called in the next day to use the tea room which was very good too. Well worth a visit and easy to get to by train!!

1  Thank KEITHandDARREN
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I visited Brading station during our recent week on the island and found the experience very enjoyable. I visited as a train enthusiast and my wife as a long suffering wife, but we both agreed afterwards it was worth the visit. The fee on the day was £1 each which seemed exceptional value for money all things considered! You can either make your own way here by car (use the station car park), or travel direct by train.
Our guide was obviously very enthusiastic about the station and signal box and had a lot of information to impart, both about railways in the Isle of Wight and also about signalling,
Both the station and and the signal box are a credit to these people who have lovingly restored them both to a 1950/60s condition which in turn generates its own atmosphere, I even had my picture taken with 'Albert'.
Highlight of the tour is operating some of the old signal box levers though they are now disconnected from any external equipment.
Worth a visit even if you are just curios about what an old signal box was like, if you can catch it on an open day.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I love my trains! And Brading station is brilliant! Brading signal box is open when the visitors centre is open, usually on a saturday. Lovingly restored inside and lovely to visit.Even if your not into trains like i am, give Brading station a whirl! You might actually enjoy it :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Our visit to Brading station was the highlight of our visit to the Isle of Wight. John provided the four of us with a tour of the restored signal box which was interesting and informative. My sister in law delighted in pull & pushing all the levers! After our tour we had tea & coffees served by Johns partner in the tourist centre another delight! Please go long to Brading Station I promise you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank windy.z