“Awesome first experience zip line”

Hawksnest Snow Tubing and Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognized for having the largest Snow Tubing Park on the East Coast, we've added the longest Zip line Tour as well. We are featuring two tours to choose from. Our Hawk tour is a 11 cables 1.5 miles of ziplines. Our new Eagle tour is 9 cables of almost 3 miles of zipline tour. Gliding through the air with ease is trouble-free. Zippers--ages five and up--enjoy the exhilarations of speeding treetop high over valleys having expansive views and threading through the forest canopy over creeks, wild turkeys, deer, groundhogs and the occasional bear. In winter, zippers can yell to their snow tubing friends from way above as they begin their journey. Our 20+ Lane Snow Tubing Park has four different areas to snow tube; lanes are 400 - 1000 feet long. Our 2 conveyor lifts take our snow tubers back to the top for more rides. Hawksnest has 100% snow making and lighting on all lanes to provide the best possible conditions and fun for the whole family.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The customer service staff who checked us in were very friendly. Our guides, Steve and Abby, couldn't have been more patient, friendly or helpful. My girlfriend, her pre-teen son and I were in a group of ten who did the 3PM Hawk tour. We were all first time zip liners and needless to say the guide playing "catch" at the end of each link had his hands full with a few in our group until they figured out how to properly brake after the first few links of the tour. The harness / pulley equipment, lines, and platforms were in excellent shape and the scenery was beautiful. My girlfriend and I will be back in a few weeks to try out the higher / longer Eagle tour.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have been spending part of our summer vacation for the past 6 years in the Boone area. This year my grandchildren were old enough to want to zipline, a frightening idea to me, but my husband and daughter thought it was a great one. The ride to Hawk's Nest in Seven Devils is in itself quite an experience. The mountain road is one S curve after another. The views are spectacular. We had made reservations a few days earlier which is advisable. It is advised to arrive half an hour ahead of your time. I was assured by the staff that they check the equipment carefully and have never had a casualty. This attraction is not cheap-$75 a person for the shorter trail of 11 different lines. Though I did not go, I was assured by my family that it was worth every penny. They soared over lakes and through trees. The staff gave great directions and were very kind to my grandchildren who are 9 and 12. They felt very safe.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had never done this and were eager to try it and this could not have been a better place to do it.
The staff was incredibly friendly from the first phone call to get information and make the reservations to the actual experience.

Our guides - Chuck and Loretta - were the nicest and friendliest, making us feel like we had known them for years and were just going on a trip with friends.

Our group had 7 people including a 7 year old, 2 10 year olds, a 19 year old and 3 other adults. As you can imagine, finding an activity that can satisfy such a wide range of ages in the group is very challenging. This, however, accomplished that.

My 19 year old wanted to do more and repeatedly acknowledged how much fun he had, to kids could not stop talking about it, and as far the rest of us adults, the experience was just as great.

We all want to do it again!

Thanks a for a great memory. We will be back!!!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I used to ski at Seven Devils years ago, and had a lot of fun sliding down the slopes there. The ski lifts are now closed and they call it Hawksnest these days, and the zip lines are up and running. What a fun way to spend an afternoon!
This was my first time riding a zip line, and the guides were very helpful and patient with everyone in the group. There are two different courses, and I chose the Eagle course, consisting of 9 cables. The first cable is fairly short and helps you get used to the experience. After that, the lines get much longer and faster . . . . and more fun! The fastest leg supposedly gets up to about 50 mph, and several of the legs are quite lengthy. The final 3 cables are the most scenic, traveling through the woods and above streams, etc. The entire course took about an hour and a half to complete, and once at the bottom there was a van waiting to take us back to the top of the course.
I found the experience to be exciting and exhilarating, but with plenty of safety features so it did not feel dangerous at all.
I called ahead the day before to reserve a spot, which I would recommend to make sure you get a spot on the course and at the time you desire.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Hawksnest staff are thorough and provide a safe first time experience even for the older, out of shape adventurer. WARNING: if you do not have arm or upper body strength, do listen to the staff about using your one dominant hand as the brake but if you are just not slowing down, use BOTH hands and pull down hard. Coming in hard and fast is dangerous for the zippee and the staff- "catcher". The scenery is gorgeous. Three of us joined with others to form a group of about 11. There was no crowd when we went in July.....

2  Thank ProfShort