“Nice place to relax.”

Holiday Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Akbuk
“Nice place to relax.”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The hotel is perfect for relaxing. It is away from big and noisy places, so if you are looking for bars and disco, it is not the right place. But it is perfect for families with small kids.
Amazing places like Mary's house and Pamukkale (Hearopolis) can be reached in 2-3hrs driving.

Food and all services are just fine. And the staff is very hospitable as well.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank ValeriKolev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
luton
Reviewed 5 October 2012

just returned from a truly awfull time in the holiday resort hotel akbuk .my wife started with sickness and diarrhoea then myself. hotel was not interested .then a irish couple french &polish and a family of 9 from england all fell sick turkish tourists and staff were ill i got it a second time i do NOT recommend this hotel. kitchen hygiene had to be the cause so many people from different parts of the world in a awfull state only about 20%of the food was any good this is a hotel for turks it does not cater for other tourists

Room Tip: dont bother with this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Peter G

Travellers are raving about these Akbuk hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Got back from Turkey Last Week, Have left it so long to review this hotel because I Have very mixed feelings. Having never been to Turkey before and everyone telling us how fantastic and welcoming the people are,We thought we would give it a try.On Arriving met by a pleasent guy who took our cases.Check in was ok, But the guy had very limited English. Liked the look of reception.Room was ok, A beautiful veiw from room, Balcony had three birds nest on which freaked me a bit.Anyway next day wanted to speak to reception about directions to Akbuk, and was totaly ignored, And I found it a few times at Bar and at Breakfast,There was one guy out of the waiters who were ok.The young lad at pool bar, And a young girl at Main Bar. There is no entertainment, and they randomley closed one bar and sent you to another.Its the first Holiday ive been on that we struggled to eat.And because of location nowhere to go out and find food.The Saving grace was on day Three when we met Kaya, Who was fantastic, He is Customer Relations, He was so friendley and helpful. I think this Hotel could be much better, And Sadley I wont ever go back. A young couple with a baby booked for 10 days, and asked to go home after 7, Pity they were not more like Kaya.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Carolyn H
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great hotel for a relaxing family holiday, especially with young kids. The pool was lovely and the beach was clean and sandy and the water was just the right depth. The staff were very friendly and we were well looked after by the hotel guest relations rep, Kaya, who went out of his way to organise trips and other bits and pieces for us and make our holiday enjoyable.

This is good value for money and ideal if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday. It's a bit out of town, but local buses are cheap and easily accessible. My kids (12 and 8) had a great time. The hotel was clean and spacious and the food plentiful. Ideal for growing kids who like to snack all day!

There were lots of Turkish families holidaying there, which was lovely - so no fish, chips and burgers thankfully, but lots of salads and local food.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rachel_Ellen_68
Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

just got back from a 2 week holiday. clean hotel friendly people.
fourth time in turkey, but didnt like the area this time.
Food wasnt good, aimed more for the Turkish, Bulgarians, Germans not really good for English people.
Good place to go if you want a relaxing holiday, otherwise no evening entertainment, and no place to go in the evening. To be quite honest a week is long enough if going here. Kai Turkish Rep was very helpful that worked in Reception.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

Firstly let me say I paid just under £400 pp for 7 nights all inclusive Inc transfers. Secondly I have been to turkey five times and stayed in both four and five star hotels paying anything up to £800pp. For the money I have no complaints about this hotel, it was exceptionally clean and the staff were amazing. Kaya who is guest relations in the lobby speaks perfect English and is there to help with anything, don't think he's trying to sell anything, we actually went to him to book us a boat trip which was brilliant!! He was employed as most of the staff speak limited English although they try!
Here's for an honest review:

Arrival- 3am their time and check in was fast, receptionist was friendly and were each given a drink

Room- clean, everything worked, air con, spacious balcony as we had a corner room, view over akbuk which was lovely. Cleaned everyday sheets and towels changed twice weekly. Fridge was warm day 1 as room not used but by day 2 was cold and three free bottles of water included

Food- plenty of choice, fresh salads, meats and the bread is baked fresh at breakfast and dinner in front of you, I have to say it's the nicest bread we have ever eaten and wanted to take the bread maker home with us so we could have it forever!!!

Pool- clean and warm, loved it, always plenty of sunbeds no matter what the time of day was.

Beach- lovely clean beach with beautiful clear water. Waterspouts available from Tariq on the beach, really friendly guy, we went jetskiing which was brilliant for 30 lira each. Also has the rings, fly fish, pedalos, banana boat and more!

Drinks- nothing wrong except the measures are too generous hence why I think people have moaned on here about taste but if you tell them they will make as you want.

Entertainment- unfortunately this is their biggest let down. They had daily activities such as darts, water polo etc but nothing in the evening except the same kids disco and some music which stopped about 11. We just sat in the snack bar in the evenings and drank and entertained ourselves.

There were few English people here which attracted us in the first place. The Turkish families were polite and their children were the most well behaved children I have ever seen.
Don't be afraid of the dogs that sometimes cross the beach, they are friendly and just passing through and will not come to you unless called over, they are very friendly :) however hotel security always shuh them away.

We went to altinkum by bus which was about 25mins and to their Market on Saturday which was the usual Turkish clothes handbags etc. Easy to get to and no issues.
I would definately recommend the boat trip booked through Kaya, 40lira each with pick up at 10am and drop off at 5.30. Lunch included with five stops for sea swimming, best part of our holiday.

I know I have gone on a bit but I wanted to get across the fact that for value for money and hot weather, I couldn't fault it. Genuinely I would rate as a three star hotel here but on par with four star Turkish hotels.
One last point, for my holiday in January I stayed at the Venetian in las Vegas but I paid Venetian prices. I got what I paid for in turkey and more and would I go back, yes absolutely!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Rodders1982
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Really clean hotel and generally had a great time! The pool is well maintained, the staff are very friendly and the food is absolutely delicious! Drinks include yedigün (tastes EXACTLY the same as fanta), lemonade and Pepsi as well as a variety of juices and alcohol. There's also free Internet in the lobby which is an added bonus! All in all, this is a very good hotel which I would highly recommend to anyone who wants a quiet, relaxing holiday by the beach! Please, do yourself a favour and ignore all those bogus reviews by those somewhat grumpy holiday makers!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Milly N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akbuk
Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Aurum Exclusive Club
Palm Wings Beach Resort
Tuntas Beach Hotel Altinkum
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
Tuntas Suites AltInkum
#4 of 30 in Altinkum
Aurum Spa & Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!