“fantastic village pub”
Review of The Gnu Inn

The Gnu Inn
Reviewed 23 February 2011

i have spent many a pleasant evening in the Gnu, Steve and Sonia are fantastic hosts, the friendliest publicans you could wish to meet, the food is of the highest standard and far better in value and quality than any of the establishments in the area, i read with dismay some of the comments on this site and can honestly say, they are wrong in everything they have printed.
i cannot recommend the Gnu highly enough, be it for the food or a drink, the accommodation is of a very high standard and very reasonably priced, dont be put off by other entries on here, try it and see for yourselves.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 November 2010

By the other reviews. I have stayed here and eaten here lots if tints and the experiences above do not reflect my own.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Stopped here for a meal,we opted for the sunday roast and it was truly awful,tough beef,burnt yorkshire pud,gravy tasted like the gravy granule variety and veg and roast potatoes were definately of the frozen kind,come on guys,can it be that hard to serve up a decent meal? We had planned on having pudding but changed our minds promptly,it was even worse than my own cooking,waitress was very polite and nice though

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank toptrougher
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed here with my husband and two children for one night. I can honestly say I have never been made to feel less welcome anywhere I have stayed. The landlord/owner was aggressive and rude. My children were frightened. I felt very uncomfortable about spending the night there, and we left the next morning instead of staying for a second night as planned. It was in all a horrible experience. There seems little point in describing the mediocre dinner, poor breakfast, freezing cold and smelly rooms with spiders, as they pale into insignificance beside the abusive owner and his indifferent wife. I would not advise anyone to risk staying there. The owners have much to learn about good manners and hospitality. Oh, also, our being Southerners was apparently an issue. They're taking in paying guests for heavens sake - Imagine if we'd been foreign tourists!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Janemilton

Been to The Gnu Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Gnu Inn

Address: The Green, North Newbald YO43 4SA, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > East Riding of Yorkshire > North Newbald
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in North Newbald
Price Range: £61 - £65 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — The Gnu Inn 3*
The GNU Inn is a lovely family run village pub with traditional pub food and log burners. We also have letting rooms all en suite; we have a double room, a twin room and a family room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Gnu Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Gnu Inn North Newbald, Yorkshire