“What a meal!”
Review of Dom Joaquim

Dom Joaquim
Ranked #12 of 243 Restaurants in Evora
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“What a meal!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Let me start off by saying: I am 32 y.o. and this might have been one of the best meals I have had so far!

Lonely Planet listed this restaurant mentioning something like "the guests love the Chef" so I was quite curious but wasnt expecting much.

Service was as great as I am used to, and it was definitely matching the type of restaurant. Main courses were decently priced. Environment was great (it was burning hot outside - 35ºC - and we didnt even feel it) but the food.... wah... the food was amazing!! My gf had some pork cooked in red wine (served with apple mash - delicious!!) and I had the goatling (cabrito) course. Both were cooked "to perfection"!
Not to mention that most of the wines they have available are among my favorite ones from Alentejo, you just cant go wrong!

I even spoke with Chef Joaquim to congratulate him, he is a nice guy!

I also heard English being spoken by the staff so that wont be a problem!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank amin_amirali

Jacksonville, Florida
“The best black pig cheeks...”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

the black pig cheeks were amazing so much so that we went back a 2nd time before we left. Service is good too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brenda S
Toronto
“Fine dining in Evora”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Dom Joaquim is generally acknowledged as one of the best restaurants in Evora. It was recommended to us several times during our stay. We passed on the hors d'ouvres placed on the table and instead ordered hot first courses. The mushrooms with ham were particularly tasty. For the mains, I had partridge stewed with vegetables which I really enjoyed. The wine list was extensive and quite reasonably priced. Try to save room for dessert; they are wonderful. The restaurant is a liitle off the main tourist routes, but they called a taxi for us,and the cab ride back after dinner was very inexpensive.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank retired698
Australia
“Excellent meals two nights in a row”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our hotel recommended the Dom Joaquim amongst others. We dropped in early without a booking (7:30pm) and got a table (just) and had an excellent meal by sharing two main courses (highly recommend the slow cooked lamb) and desert. The mains are large so watch out about having too many tapas plates before. Send the ones back you don't want or you will be charged for them. Luis gave exceptionally good service and chatted to us in very good English about areas around Evora. It was so good we decided to book for the next night instead of trying another of the hotel's recommended restaurants. You can't get a better recommendation than that.
Luis was very pleased to see us again and welcomed us like old friends and again we shared mains and deserts and again excellently presented and cooked.
Highly recommend this restaurant when you are in Evora.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank wottoAustralia
“Vera good experience! Very good for wine lovers!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really appreciate my meal and all the time I was here. In fact, I was here not for once but 3 times.. The atmosphere is very familiar, the owner (Mr. Joaquim) is a very nice person and very professional too... He knows what he is doing and have a very good knowledge of wines.
The food is very typical but the way they do it increases even more the quality!
It was a very good experience and I felt that the minimum I can do is to advice this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013