We spent one night here as part of a 10 day trip around Portugal.
A boutique hotel with tasteful dark wood decor. On arrival we were greeted with a choice of refreshing drinks. Our car was helpfully parked by the staff in the hotel’s own underground car park. The room was nice enough, I'm sure if we'd stayed more than one night, we could've got a bigger one.
But what set this apart from the other hotels was the level of service and quality of the breakfast. Whatever diet you’re on or whatever tastes you have, you’ll find something for breakfast here. Different types of fresh juices, different types of meat, cheese, bread, homemade cake, even different types of egg! The American owner was an attentive breakfast host, keeping the kitchen moving, making conversation with guests (in an impressive number of different languages). We were informed that everything was fresh and locally sourced, and we felt that nothing was too much trouble.
The town is small but pretty (the hotel is inside the historic centre) and was pleasant to walk around at night. The reception staff advised us on what to see, recommended some restaurants and gave us a map. Even when we left we were given bottles of mineral water and were advised on where to eat in our next destination (even pointing out that our chosen restaurant had closed down and offering an alternative).
In summary a great hotel with unbeatable service and the most diverse breakfast we’ve ever seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora