Upon arriving at the hotel, I was greeted by someone parking my car and taking my luggage for me. As I was checking in, I was offered a welcome drink. I chose a glass of white wine which was delicious. As I sipped my wine, someone from the hotel sat down with me to show me a map of Evora and point out all of the cultural spots as well as restaurants. They had a list of which monuments were open and times, a list of recommended restaurants, and suggestions.
The room was well appointed with a comfortable bed, nice shower, refrigerator, and hair dryer. A bottle of water was left in the room as well. I slept well because the bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.
For breakfast, I was pleasantly surprised by the organic buffet. This wasn't an ordinary buffet! There were 4 different types of fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruit salad, yogurt with a variety of toppings like hemp seed, bee pollen, and granola, and cakes. In addition to the buffet, you could order off of their menu such as pancakes, french toast, or eggs. Incredible service too.
What I like most about the hotel staff was the service. The staff truly made me feel like it was their pleasure to help me. My reservations in Faro got changed at the last minute and they helped me rebook my entire stay!!! They called places for me, cancelled reservations, and made recommendations. They recommended another hotel in Vila Nova Milfontes that was amazing as well. I honestly couldn't have asked for friendlier, more helpful service with a smile. They are the best.
I would go back to Evora purely to stay at this hotel! Amazing place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora