We stayed at adc hotel in June 2014 with our teenage son and it was the best hotel stay of our 11 day Portugal stay. We loved the decor large rooms (we had a family room), beautiful courtyard, tasteful decor. To give a detailed assessment:-
1. Location - very convenient - just inside the walled city. Very close to the bus station. A short walk from the main squares. Evora is a small city overall, nothing is far.
2. Food - Splendid organic breakfast with made or order eggs served personally. What a range of delightful goodies - easily the best breakfast we had in Portugal. They also have tapas which are of a very high quality that we enjoyed in the evenings.
3. Service - exceptional. The staff deserves a huge round of applause
4. Wifi - Very good - they have booster routers all over the hotel
5. Views - unfortunately views were not great given that they are within the walls.
They were very helpful in giving us maps and organising our itinerary, including helping us with tours etc.
Overall, big big thumbs up! We will return.
Just a note to travellers in June - Evora is pretty warm in mid June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora