I am at a loss for words to describe this hotel. Where does one start without appearing to be over the top?
Let me start with our arrival. A lot of staff appeared just as we stopped the car. They took care of everything including parking the car!
We then got a detailed introduction to the hotel, town and outlying area.
We received a small booklet containing a lot of information including, but not limited to, a list of restaurants in the area.
The information in the book was obviously based on first hand experience. Very usefull indeed.
The room was great and very comfortable. This one even has a fully equipped kitchen.
Lots of other guests have raved about breakfast, so let me just say I fully agree.
If you plan to go to this area, then do yourself a favour and book in this hotel.
By the way, if you have time, book a trip with Mario. Well worth the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora