We stayed at the Albergaria do Calvario ( also known as the ADC) at the recommendation of friends and we were very pleased. The hotel is contained within its own compound, centered around a courtyard filled with tables and chairs.
The hotel offers underground self-parking and it was very safe. Our room opened right to the courtyard but there was no noise problem. The room itself was huge! We actually had a sitting area, small kitchenette, nice bathroom and separate bedroom. It was nice having some room to spread out and make a cup of tea in the room.
I think one of m favorite things about our stay was the lovely brunch. They call this all-inclusive brunch a pequeño-almoco which means "small lunch". There is an unbelievable array of Portuguese cheeses, meats, fresh squeezed juices, fruits, nuts and seeds and homemade pastry. They also have their famous pancakes and made-to-order omelettes and eggs served with organic teas and coffees. Pequeño-Almoco indeed!
The staff is very friendly and helpful with directions and information about the local sites. I would stay here in again any time - except there is still so much left of the world to see I don't know when we'll be back in Evora. Hopefully I will return...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora