Albergaria do Calvario
US$91
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$82
Moov Hotel Evora(Evora)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$126
US$123
US$112
US$100
Agoda.com
Casa Do Vale Hotel(Evora)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$136
US$115
Ibis Evora(Evora)(Great Value!)
US$56
Priceline
1,940 results
All reviewstapasfrench toastadc hotelorganic breakfastgranolabee pollencakesrestaurant recommendationspremium roomglass of winedinner reservationswelcome drinkrecommended restaurantssmall hotelinside the city wallsowners and staffunderground garage
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Albergaria do Calvario are as it is now being called ADC is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying at
From the very first moment you contact the hotel, you realize that you are stumbled on someplace very Special . They do not discount the rooms. So the price you see on one website is the same as at the hotel - They do however upgrade if it is available ( You have to ask) - (See Rick Steves )
The staff is so wonderful, the rooms are amazing and then there is the breakfast buffet - All the food is local, organic and so tasty. They have all the typical fare as well as some local dishes that change daily.
This hotel was one of our highlights during our trip to Portugal

Room Tip: The courtyard is lovely - But I am sure all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was paradise for me. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. The public area is pleasant, open, beautifully appointed and had the feel of the Caribbean. The food is unbelievable. They use organic produce and everything is delicious and beautifully prepared. I was welcomed with a large pitcherful of homemade exotic ice tea. Breakfasts are a feast. My room was modest, but I made a last minute reservation and everything else in the hotel more than made up for that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jay k
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the Albergaria do Calvario ( also known as the ADC) at the recommendation of friends and we were very pleased. The hotel is contained within its own compound, centered around a courtyard filled with tables and chairs.

The hotel offers underground self-parking and it was very safe. Our room opened right to the courtyard but there was no noise problem. The room itself was huge! We actually had a sitting area, small kitchenette, nice bathroom and separate bedroom. It was nice having some room to spread out and make a cup of tea in the room.

I think one of m favorite things about our stay was the lovely brunch. They call this all-inclusive brunch a pequeño-almoco which means "small lunch". There is an unbelievable array of Portuguese cheeses, meats, fresh squeezed juices, fruits, nuts and seeds and homemade pastry. They also have their famous pancakes and made-to-order omelettes and eggs served with organic teas and coffees. Pequeño-Almoco indeed!

The staff is very friendly and helpful with directions and information about the local sites. I would stay here in again any time - except there is still so much left of the world to see I don't know when we'll be back in Evora. Hopefully I will return...

Room Tip: Our room was directly on the Courtyard and we did not have any problems with noise. However if you prefer to be away from people you might request that placement.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I liked this hotel, although I have some mixed feelings. We only stayed for one night and was in the suite, if you are more than 2 people this is a alternative, otherwise don't bother. The extra room will not be used, the "sofa" is to hard to sit comfortably and the tv is smaller than in the bedroom part. We were not able to get our room when we check in on arrival, but left our car and luggage to explore the city and have some lunch. We got a good "briefing" about the city and restaurants, and chose one of the recommendations to have lunch-very good food. I was not overly exited about the breakfast, if you are not into hot breakfast, there is not that much choice. We also did not see on the menu that you have to order cheese and ham, that might be our own fault, but it is not a common thing to have on a menu, it is usually displayed. The room itself is nothing that special, it is nice and clean, but does not have a wow factor. If you are somewhat of a private person, you could feel a little overwhelmed by the attention of the reception staff. They what to help with everything and to some it might be to much. There is a reason I give this a full score, it's a good hotel and I would definitely stay again if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindri
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was Very nice and present! Food was good and the rooms were nice. But we had room 20. You can hear cars passing in the street, the cars from the hotel and the lobby. But it was a good stay!
Thank you very much albergaria do cavalhario for this enjoyable stay!

Stayed: July 2014