1) Pitch-perfect hospitality from the hosts: warm knowledgeable and helpful but in no way obtrusive.
2) Facility was ideally situated and outfitted for arrival by car, with private underground parking inside the walls of the city.
3) A breakfast with more than you could possibly want, beautifully prepared with gorgeous ingredients. The incredible fresh squeezed juices, the french toast with minced sweet white peaches on top, eggs any way cooked to order, breakfast pastries, sweet and savory homemade sauces/jams, and a wide selection of fruits/fruit salads. Crazy good.
4) Perfect dinner recommendations made after really listening to what's important to you, followed by reservations they make for you.
5) There's a bar if you come back and want a bottle of wine out on the patio, or an after dinner drink, or whatever. Good selection, quality and reasonable prices.
Summary - we've traveled all over the world, staying in little boutique hotels and B&Bs and this one is in the top two. Believe the reviews - this place is a dream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora