“A great holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Algarve
Holiday Village Algarve Balaia
Ranked #103 of 522 Hotels in Algarve
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I spent a week here at the end of September/early October 2011 with my daughter and family (two little boys). I was apprehensive after reading lots of reviews on here. So, what a wonderful surprise! I was in Colina 2 and the family up in Colina 1. Was disappointed about this initially but my room was excellent and I enjoyed the peace and quiet down there :-)
The food was lovely, with lots of choice and the snacks by the pool were fine (I had lunch there when I was around ) The only food that wasn't 'spot on' was the meal in the Portuguese restaurant there; service very, very slow too (we didn't return for the second a la carte meal as self-service food was so good) The reps and manager were exceptionally helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The boys loved their activities and also the evening entertainment. I thoroughly enjoyed the week and would definitely go back. Don't let bad reviews put you off!

Room Tip: If you have buggies etc Colina 1; if you want peace and quiet Colina 2 (a steepish climb between th...
5  Thank Jennywren053
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 8 October 2011

i stayed there with my fiance and little girl, the room was brilliant, execllent view. food was really nice was plenty of things to choose from, always had plenty of fruit and salad, the cooks cooked alot of food infront of you so you can gaurentee it was very fresh, there are plenty of self serve drinks to serve from, there was plenty of puddings but they wasnt great tasting, but on some nights you could pick the odd good one! we didnt put our daughter in the kids clubs but we watched the entertanmeant every night and we thought it was great, they definalty kept the kids very entertanied. 1st choice staff always there to help you from 8am til 9pm, we booked alot of excurtions through them, the only one i woudlnt really recomened is the zoo marine, we didnt feel it was worth the money at all , did not get there untikl 11.15 and had to come away at 5, and wasnt that much there at all for the money. the water park slide and slash was BRILL !!! the pools in the hotel were freezing but by mid afternoon they were warmer by the sun, the kids slides were great fun!! would definatly recomend this holiday!!

Room Tip: block one was better as block 2 you have to walk up alot of steep stairs well worth paying 3 pound e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fay p
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This hotel was perfect for our family with a 18month old daughter I will be sure to return again in the near future. It was excellent value for money and I honestly would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. So don't listen to any bad reviews I read all the bad reviews before I went and was a bit worried but was very plesantly suprised from the second we arrived and through out!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Alexandrajane89
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We went to algarve for a week....holiday village is not too far from the airport only about 40 mins from the airport.... They have 6 different swimming pools in different area to cater for different age group... We have quiet pool area for adults and also shallow pools with lots of slides for kids... We had all inclusive deal... Food was good and lots of nibbles, cocktails ice creams available throughout the day... My 2 year old son needs milk throughout the day and warm milk was available all day till 11 o clock...it was very clean friendly staff... Every night there was entertainment for kids and adults...every detail was well organised and I felt we were looked after really well

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Darsh25
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just got back from a brilliant week with my 2 children & partner, food was good, room was great, staff brilliant and children's facilities amazing, my children did not even use the kids clubs but there was so much on the complex i never once heard " I'm bored ". Overall would recommend to any family's if you have no kids avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: If you do not like steep hills make sure you book Colina 1
2  Thank ddac_11
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed here the last week in sept, weather was excellent. I was a little worried after reading the reviews but had nothing to fear. The hotel is clean & modern with most staff speaking very good english. Food excellent we did not have a repeat meal over the 7 nights, the al a carte had good food but service was poor. The First Choice team were magic and so helpfull they all go out of there way to speak and ensure that you have no problems. The hotel run a courtsey bus every day to the beach and back 4 hrs later which is a nice touch. We actually walked to the beach and explored the amazing rock pools and walked back from the other beach this was with two youngsters so its not too bad. I read a comment about there being too many kids machines, there are a lot but you are on holiday so let the kids enjoy themselves!!. I have broken my golden rule and booked the same place for next spring.

Room Tip: If you book make sure you book a family room which is block 1, likewise if you want adjoining rooms...
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Staying here we had 2adults, 2 20yr olds and 2 16yr olds.
We had a family room and a twin room they were both very nice. The 1 bedroom apartment was very spacious the only down side was they were in block 2 which was was down a steep hill/steps, not such a problem for us as we didn't have a push chair! The pool in block 2 (quiet pool) was fab! Never too crowded or noisy but always had music playing.

The food was ok, salads were gorgeous. I thought there was plenty of choice and yes there were plastic colourful table mats but come on this is a holiday village designed for kids!

Entertainment- don't know how people can complain, the shows the reps put on were fine, always made you laugh and it us more for the kids but again why come to a holiday village if your going to complain that it's all for the kids? We always had a good night, but maybe it's what you make it ??

The grounds are lovely, all pool areas are gorgeous plenty of bars to get a drink. Even though we didn't have young kids with us the kids entertainment / clubs were FANTASTIC !!

Overall- great place to stay, quiet location only 5 euros in a taxi to albufreira and 10 mins walk to the beach.
I was impressed.