“Not what I expected”
Review of Spa Villas d'Agua

Spa Villas d'Agua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Massages in the open with sea view, hot stone massages,herbal compress massage, feet reflexology, Indian head massage, body scrubs, facials Matis, body treatments Matis, pedicure, manicure, gel-lack, waxing, hairdresser. We are situated in a quiet and well decorated surrounding. We work with professional female therapists and with the brands Matis and René Furterer to guarantee the best quality.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to surprise my partner for a birthday treat so I booked a sea view massage for two.
I corresponded with Ben a few weeks before and agreed a time for a massage.
My partners birthday arrived and we were taken to the Spa by transfer.
I was greeted by the same Ben who advised he had booked is in for a massage another day by mistake.
Obviously the surprise was now let out of the bag and I could not even disguise the fact we were having this treatment.
Ben tried to accommodate as much as he could by offering to pay for our taxi the next day if we returned.
However this was no good as this would have been a massive inconvenience for us the next day.
Ben suggested that we have a swim and he would try to do something else for is that day.
In the end we could only have a 30 minute massage each whilst we waited for each other.
Inge was very good at the massages. However be warned the sea view was covered by trees which we understand you cannot help however it was not how the picture looked on the website.
Overall felt quite let down and was very glad I had not planned anything else here. I've seen reviews by others saying that they proposed to their partners whilst having this treatment, all I can say is that they are lucky that they did not have the same experience as mine! Surprise element completely killed and didn't feel very special for a birthday.

7  Thank Chilipea
SpaOlhos, Owner at Spa Villas d'Agua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We feel very sorry that we put the appointment wrong in our new electronic agenda.
We tried immediately to arrange our massage lady that is part time with us, but she was not available unfortunately. We suggested to do the massages one after each other but that was not surprising enough for the ladies that booked their massages together.
Then we suggested to do the massage the other day, but that would cost again a taxi fare for them.
We offered to pay for the taxi the other day but that was not fair enough.
At the end we compromised a partial massage for both and that was much appreciated.
For this it is a pity that the rating ended on a poor result.
We try to continue to do our very best and to never make mistakes anymore although we still are human beings, even very human beings.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Only getting around to leaving this review now. Visited here in September 13 with my now fiance. I had pre arranged a surprise couple massage here at their amazing outdoor location. They knew about my plan to propose and made everything go according to plan right up to when she said yes! The massage itself was amazing. My fiance said it was one of the best massages she ever had. The location was amazing and so relaxing. Thanks to the two girls to did the massages and helped with the ring and take pictures for us. A moment we shall never forget and will return when ever we are in the Algarve again

5  Thank James E
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Just to have a outdoor full body massage!! All I can say is wow, never had one before and this has spoilt me! Ben and his wife could not have done more for us.

We were 11 ladies on a hen do, 9 had massages and 2 came along to join us. Whilst 3 went up for the massages on a golf buggy into the gardens the rest of us were able to use the pool facilities at the beautiful hotel next door, peace and quiet perfection! We were given sandwiches, soft drinks, beers and wine at lunchtime outside the spa which was all lovely and had a lovely chat with Ben. He ordered taxis for us all, gave one of our group some antihistamine and enough to last her the rest of the holiday he really couldn't do enough!

Thank you so much for making our hen weekend so special, and at such a reasonable price.....as I said then and will stand by it now if I could fly out every Friday I would do just to get rid of my weekly stress......heading back in October hopefully and this will be on my list of visits!

5  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This spa is lovely to go to. We took the massage for two in the outdoors where you are surrounded by nature. The massage was for almost an hour and we both felt truly relaxed afterwards.
Ben and Inge are lovely people and very welcoming and helpful when entering their facility. We were told by tourist information you can walk in, but it is advisable to ring to book an appointment

3  Thank Lejeanne d
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I came here for his birthday and the experience was amazing.
First we were shown in to changing rooms to put on a lovely clean white fluffy robe and then were taken to choose our choice of oils.
A short buggy ride to the open air private massage area where you can view the sea and two massage beds where staff were waiting and wonderful relaxing music was playing.
A full hours all over body, wonderful massage with the sea breeze was second to none. After the massage a nice sit down enjoying the view and then on the buggy again where again we were seated for as long as we wanted but this time with a few glasses of champagne.
The hosts were fantastic and genuine and it made my husbands birthday a wonderful day.
It cost us 130 euros for both of us and we had a little discount too but this experience was well worth the money and would fully recommend it to anybody as it was a beautiful treat indeed.

4  Thank Angela L