“Very nice food and restaurant”

Restaurante Dom Carlos
Ranked #2 of 849 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Lovely place, small so you book your table and you are there all night. The chef and his wife, Peter and Anna, are both very attentive and the chef even gave me his recipe for a soup we had! It is very popular and so you must book. Lovely well cooked food and attention to detail and good value. While we were there Bonnie Tyler was in with her family and Anna informed us Cliff Richard was in the week before...so we obviously picked a good restaurant.

2  Thank gill

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Myself and seven friends visit portugal every year in July for a golfing break and our annual visit to Dom Carlos is the highlight of our stay. We have been for the last four years running and every time the food and service from Peter and Ana has been first class. They are a lovely couple with a great sense of humour, and go the extra mile for you in terms of service. The five courses vary each time hugely but with one consistent theme.... They are all delicious!!! You get told the life story of the chicken you are about to eat but this all adds to the fun of the evening for us! Can't wait for our next visit and can't recommend this place enough to anyone who enjoys good food and great hospitality. We think the 35 euros per head for five courses is very good value given the quality you are getting, try the dom carlos red wine it goes very well with the steak or without it for that matter!

1  Thank mattywig
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Well what can I say that already hasn't been said?
I did a little research before taking my wife on a surprise holiday for her 50th and our wedding anniversary.
I contacted this restaurant and when we arrived they pulled out all the stops, fantastic meal, unforgettable food, lovely atmosphere. All course were explained in great detail and was a delight. They presented my wife wife with a lovely flower presentation and even baked her a cake to take away with us.
I cannot recommend this establishment enough and look forward to repeating the experience in the future

1  Thank Keith C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Visited this lovely little restaurant after reading Trip Advisor reviews. From the moment we arrived until the time we left we had a truly wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the staff clearly proud of what they have achieved here, explain the menu and suggest wine to accompany food.
Good value and worth a return visit to Albufeira just to go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just arrived back from Albufeira - it was my birthday whilst I was there and we were recomeded to go to Dom Carlos to celebrate it. When we arrived the owner Ana appologised and said that they had a 'Private Function' on that night but as it was my birthday to make a reservation and they would make sure it was special. We booked for the following Friday and when we arrived we were made so welcome. Ana had remembered I was their to celebrate my birthday, she gave me flowers and Peter had baked me a birthday cake to take away with me....it was excellent..! The food is fantastic and Peter takes his time to go to every table and explain what is on the menu and how it will be cooked, before taking your order. Although this is a 5 course meal (and portion size is not skimpy) you don't leave feeling bloated as you are given the right amount of time between each course just to let your food settle. The restaurant is so good we booked to go again on our last night.........I had commented on Peter's home made banana & walnut bread on our first visit, saying it was fantastic and I wish I could take it home with me......when we went back again Peter had made me a whole loaf and packed it so that I could bring it back home with me the next day..!!! Thank You Peter & Ana - we will return (soon I hope)

1  Thank Eleanor H