Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
1,924 results
All reviewspool areaside sea viewold towndeluxe roommodern hotelfree safewooden stepsexcellent hotelsparkling wineminute walkrooftop terracebed and breakfastbars and restaurantsreception staffsmall balconywould highly recommend this hotelhalf board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very nice modern hotel. We stayed in one of the two suites overlooking the pool. The room was good quality, nice and clean, quiet and comfortable. The inside of the hotel is modern and funky with a large atrium around the bar and comfy sofas. Hotel staff were friendly. However, the pool area is small and by 8.30 every morning, every one of the 80 sunbeds (crammed into a small area) had towels placed on them by selfish guests. So if you want to get a bed, join in the madness and get up early.

The local area is pretty chavvy. Lots of 'English' restaurants, neon bars and quite a few strip clubs. That's ok if you like that sort of thing but if you want a quality holiday with nice local bars and restaurants, go elsewhere. The walk into the old town takes about 45 mins which we did a number of times and whilst it is better there, not by much.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Daggers99
Reviewed 22 July 2012

i stayed here for 1 night just to see what it was like and it was exellent! the service wasnt the best and there were some smal problems eg. som minor cracks in the walls but overall a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just back from our 19 night stay at this hotel. We had a great time at the aqua pedra dos bicos, all the staff are very helpful, from the maids to reception to bar and restaurant staff they all greeted us with a smile and helped us out when needed.
Breakfast had plenty of choice, we ate early so never had a problem with it being busy. We were half board and yes there is one meat one fish and a vegetarian option each night but if you don't like any of the options the chef will make you something you do like( You have to ask before lunchtime-menus are on display from 10pm the night before), which he did for me many a night because I mainly eat chicken, I just varied the sauce I had with it and I was happy, Vadym was always there to help me out. Helios is a fantastic Restaurant Manager and gave us great wine recommendations. Macro Viera and Fernando(Jorge) kept us amused and entertained at the bar. Rita our maid was fantastic and kept even our room spotless.
The only negatives to the hotel in my opinion are the prices of soft drinks at pool bar, €3.80 for a draught sprite and also as mentioned before the number of sunbeds, it is not as bad as some people are suggesting, yes by 8.30 most of the beds are taken, as breakfast starts at 7.30 and everyone in the hotel has breakfast you would expect people to be reserving them at this time, also everyone does not stay there all day so for the people who skip breakfast and get up late they should be able to get a bed. There are a few people who put towels down and disappear for hours but you will get this in any hotel.
Last thing there are no English channels apart from sky news, even Eurosport is in German.
The hotel is far enough away from strip but close enough if you do want to go and a bus stop just outside takes you to old town.
We will definitely be back and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JaneMarie C
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 10 days july 5 to july 15, we was is room 315 the room was lovely better than we expected. The breakfast was lovely and a wide range of food, the maid service was excellent tidied every day. the hotel is in a ideal location not to far from a beach and not to far to walk to the strip 10 mins. I would recommend this hotel and we would go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annmarieanddickie
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the hotel location is wonderful as the private beach down the steps at the back of the hotel is very relaxing (we usually went down by 10.30 am in order to obtain two loungers with parasol at a reasonable 12 euros for both. Massage available also. The beach cafe is super for food and refreshing drinks or ice creams with efficient staff. We stayed bed and breakfast at Aqua Pedra and cannot comment on evening meals as we ate out. There are plenty of restaurants located walking distance from hotel (our favourite was Sizzling Stone - superb and efficient staff). I slept wonderfully in the hotel beds and the rooms are great. I felt the balcony was a nice feature to sit out some afternoons/evenings and I liked the idea of the sliding partition on the balcony so you could sit in private if so desired. I also liked the fact that the air con will come on when the balcony door is shut and will turn off automatically when open - what a great energy saving idea! As previous reviewer mentioned, if visiting Old Town in evening, grab a taxi late afternoon/earning evening to avoid the peak time wait - taxi around 5 euros one way. Old Town has great local shops and we visited in the day too - great beaches also. The hotel reception staff assist with any queries and are very friendly/helpful. Snack bar at hotel open until around 6pm and the food we had was fine. If you buy water at snack bar, i would buy large 1.5L bottle for 1.50 euros as it is cheaper than buying small ones. Great pool and as we checked out at 12pm on last day and were being picked up at 7pm for late flight, I used the wooden changing/toilet facilities near the pool to change as we spent last day around pool and luggage can wait in staff room. Very relaxing stay. Massage/treatments also available if required. Enjoyed Zoomarine trip that we booked through hotel. Bear in mind that if you wave the Zoomarine bus to stop and it doesn't stop, there may be another one following as first one may be full. We did not realise and went back to hotel and decided to get taxi which as I recall was approx 12 euros - although a bit more expensive, we enjoyed scenery on the way to Guia and it was probably quicker. Free safe in rooms. Supermarket just around corner from hotel. Modern, clean hotel. The only reason I have rated 4 as opposed to 5 is because although the breakfast offers good wide choice, for me the fried eggs were questionable and the showerhead was not functioning properly, although we were not too bothered about this as the bath was fine. Very relaxing stay and this hotel will be my first choice should I return to the area. Thank you to staff at Aqua Pedra.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family