“Great for a girls trip”

Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked a stay at the hotel for nine girls on an all-inclusive basis for four nights. I really can't fault the hotel for anything related to our stay. OK, the food wasn't gourmet for dinners, but we all found enough to eat. The all-inclusive package was great as we could go to the bar at our leisure, and included pool snacks and ice creams. Breakfast was absolutely fine - I particularly loved the sparkling wine availabile to make Bucks Fizz!
We walked into the Old Town each night, which was fine, and we found it very cheap. Some lovely restaurants around if you can avoid the "English Fry" type places.
Pool was spotlessly clean, I didn't hear any of my neighbours either so I found it peaceful when it needed to be. I'd return if I were to come back to Albufeira (but that might not be for a while...).

Room Tip: Pool (and sea) view room best
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rois
GrupoVilaGale, General Manager at Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guest

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your holiday at the Cerro Alagoa, anh hope to welcome you back shortly.

Rosario Ribeiro

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed 7 June 2012

booked a 10 night half board stay with jet2 holidays from may 23rd to 3rd june 2012 flights on time & plenty of legroom, arrived at hotel & were given a room on the first floor above the car park & level with a 6 lane carriageway right outside the balcony, the traffic noise was unbeleivable all day & night. We asked to be moved straight away, they offered to change the room on the saturday to a room with a pool view as the hotel was full at a cost of 9euros a day extra, we stayed one night in the room & next moved to a room on the third floor. The card did not open the door three seperate occasions once at 12 oclock at night. Had the maintence man out 3 times to repair lock, eventually new batteries were fitted & cured the fault. We had two new minibars replaced in the room after I discovered there was a blown fuse in the room. The choice of food was very poor at both meal times, Fried eggs floating in oil bacon badly burnt "and I don"t mean crispy" Rooms were very clean, entertainment very poor a parrot show a reptile show a treasure hunt limbo dancing .were on at 10"00pm for your evening entertainment

Room Tip: do not take a room at the front of this hotel or 1st. or 2nd floor.

Dear Guest

Thank your for sharing your review. We apologise for so much going wrong with the room ( lock, min bar ) and guarantee that this is not frequent.
Regarding our breakfast we have a live show cooking and encourage guests to ask the cook how they want their food at the moment ( more or less crispy, etc ), and these can be cooked live at the time for them on request.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We were a little apprehensive about this hotel after reading very mixed reviews on TA. We needn't have been. The hotel is in a great location for exploring the beautiful old town (10 minute walk),or 'The Strip' (30 minute walk) if you like to party hard/rough it. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spotless. The pool was a good size with plenty of sun loungers,so no need to get up at 7am to get your spot. The indoor pool and health club was a nice 'bonus' as it was all complimentary. The Dog and Duck on-site pub was very homely and had a nice atmosphere, however it is pricey compared to the local cafe's and bars etc. We stayed B&B and there was plenty of choice whether you like cereals, fruit or a fry up. We stayed with my inlaws (they stayed at the highly rated Brisa Sol last year) and they said it was the best hotel they had stayed at in Albufeira. That speaks volumes to me. All in all it was a great family holiday and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice hotel, ideal for exploring Albufeira. A tip for saving money would be to shop at the nearby Modelo and keep your drinks in the in-room fridge. There is a Mcdonalds and a KFC 100mts away from the hotel also, if you like the odd junk food binge...!

Room Tip: I would strongly advise a pool view room.
3  Thank audiman7

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review and are happy to know we have exceeded your expectation.

Hope we may welcome you back

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Have just returned for 1 week stay at the Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa and was very impressed with the hotel. We had booked a pool room view which I would recommend as the non pool view rooms look out onto the main road in front of hotel. I had room on the 4 floor (room 426) and could not fault it in any way. Room was spotlessly clean, modern, very well equiped and lovely bathroom. Rooms were cleaned every day and towels replaced daily. Hotel was kept very clean and pool area was fantastic. Also very good facilities throughout hotel. We stayed bed and breakfast and although I didnt think breakfast was fantastic, it was definately ok for us. There is a choice of your normal cooked breakfast, toast, pastries, fruit etc. I find the cooked breakfasts abroad are never that good so I tend to stick to toast, fresh breads and pastries so for me breakfast was adequate. I cant comment of the restaurant food as we ate out every night which I would recommend as there are so many lovely restaurants to choose from!! Location is also very good as you can stroll into the old town and down to the beach in about 10 mins. All in all we were very impressed with this hotel, would recommend to others & would definately stay again.

To sum up his hotel - good location, modern, excellent pool area, very clean, fantastic rooms (based on the pool view room we had), great staff.

I dont normally write reviews but I had such a plesant stay in this hotel that I felt I had to write a review

Room Tip: Room 426 very good - definately recommend you requesting a pool view room
7  Thank suzg78

Dear Guest

We are really pleased you have had such a pleasant stay in the Cerro Alagoa.

We hope you may visit us again

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Good points: cheap; has a supermarket nearby; large swimming pool.

Bad points: very dirty room - our balcony window had the remains, from what can only be described as someone's meal when we arrived and wasn't cleaned during our week stay; dirty bathroom; poor quality beds; very noisy at nights - our room was close to the road. Also, the choice of food available at breakfast left much to be desired.

I suppose it depends what you're used to, but this hotel was well below standard for a '4 star' hotel.

1  Thank Jamie8888

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. We do regret that our service and room used was not to your expectation. Regarding the cleaning of the room and balcony we do apologise as this is not our cleaning standard. Should this have been pointed out at the time it would immediately be taken of.
Regarding the noise should we have availability we are happy to offer a change of rooms at the guests will.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have been going to this Hotel for a few years now. Having just returned I can happily report the the Alagoa continues to offer excellent value and service. We find the location is fine and quite enjoy the walk into the Old Town, though if mobility is an issue be prepared to use local Taxis. From the Old Town the cost is around €4

3  Thank David-Antrim

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on our hotel, and are very pleased you have chosen the Cerro Alagoa again for your holiday
Hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Me and my mum arrived at this hotel on Saturday 19th May 2012. When we first got there, the reception area was very slow and we were waiting there for about 5-10 minutes so I was a bit disappointed with that. Once we were in our room, we were very happy with what we had paid for, the only disappointment was that the room never had a kettle and everyone knows us Brits loves a good cuppa! but that is just a matter of opinion. The hotel was very close to the Old Town which was good as this was our favourite part of Albufeira. The Strip wasn't too far either and there was a Touristic Train Bus Stop right outside the hotel that stopped at 4 places and it was only 2 Euros per person for one way so that was great. Me and mum went Bed & Breakfast and although there was a a lot of choice, the quality of the cooked breakfast wasn't to my standard but I am quite a fussy person when it comes to food anyway and liked it to be cooked to my choice. Overall the hotel was great, it had an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a suana, a steam room, a gym a jacuzzi, a hairdresser, a games room and many other rooms. I would definitely stay here again but next time I come, make sure there is a kettle ;)

Room Tip: Me and mum stayed on the fourth floor which is the highest floor, there is a siren that goes off at...
5  Thank Yiskahi

Dear Guest

It is pleasing to read your comments and find you have enjoyed your stay at the Cerro Alagoa in general.
Unfortunately we do not have kettles in the rooms, but you can use our 24 hour room service for tea or coffee or even other food or drinks.
Hoping to welcome you back