I stayed at this hotel on a bed and breakfast basis, breakfast was basic but fine. The rooms were lovely, with cleaners coming everyday with fresh towels. The pool area is very nice, and we never had trouble getting beds during the day. Room service was also excellent, even during the night after we'd come back from the strip. The staff were very friendly, especially Paolo and Mario in the bar, and the fun team staff Vera and Jai... they really provided us with a lot of amusement! The main let down were the prices in the bar... drinks were extremely overpriced, more than 6€ for a large coke, would probably have been worth booking all inclusive just for the amount we paid for drinks! The location is excellent, in walking distance to both the old town and the strip, with a mcdonalds and kfc right across the road for the less adventurous. The train stops right outside the hotel for those not wanting to walk.
Overall had an awesome holiday and would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal