We stayed here for 4 nights during October half term.
The hotel itself was very clean ! The food was fine and we enjoyed the table service snack menu on the all inclusive at lunchtime. palo the pool bar man was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a pool view room which was great, you could also see the ocean. The pool was gorgeous and there was plenty of sunbeds as it was out of season. The pool was on the cold side but we were very lucky with the weather which was fantastic during the day although chilly at night. The surrounding area was good 10 min stroll to the old town and far enough away from the strip. The land train stops right near the front of the hotel which takes you all round the whole resort. Our only negative was that due to it being out of season there was no evening entertainment and we travelled with 4 teenagers who luckkily enough were entertained by the evening bar man and playing cards with us ! 4 nights was ok any longer might of been difficult. There are shops & places to eat right near the hotel but some are shut in the evening due to low season. Overall a great value break and a hotel I would re-visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal