After a first class traveling experience with Jet 2. com this hotel was the icing on the cake.
Upon entering the reception we were greeted as though we had won the lottery, we were offered a disable room, but was informed one was not made up , we were offered one with a sea view on second floor , but one had to be prepared, no problem ,as we could leave our luggage securely at reception having arrived early afternoon we would go for a walkabout for a snack and a drink,
We returned to the hotel and our room was ready and luggage already taken up to our room, and wow! What a lovely surprise what a very clean room and en suite and very tastefully decorated and laid out.
The staff were at all times very polite and helpful and no pressure to book full meals etc as we booked only B&B.
There is three lifts of a good size which also accommodated my mobility scooter so that was a bonus at not having to leave it in reception where the little people may think it was for them to play on!
There was a choice of continental or a full English,now there is a full English Yorkshire style but this Portugese full English is totally something else, I,m convinced sometime in the past a true Yorkshire man hand a hand in this excellent breakfast feast.
Now not forgetting lunch, we like to try out different cafés etc but we found a real gem on the cliffs walkway to the Fisherman's Beach , it is called The Lemon Tree, very small but very big on welcome and food quality and Vladka the waitress was a very nice and friendly girl who spoke excellent English and had a very good sense of humour, her daddy is the chef and his choice of mealse were superb,
So would we go back to this hotel ,well that,s a BIG BIG yes Even though it is a very hilly walk down to the beach and the old town, as far as mobility scooters go one need one with at least an 18 amp battery and climbing the hills is no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal