Myself and my partner have just arrived back from our 1 week stay 3rd July - 10th July at Vila gale cerro alagoa.
Upon arrival our room was available immediately and we were very pleased with the size and location of it (507) it was ground floor but facing the pool area.
The pool area was clean and spacious, however we learnt that you need to put a towel down very early in high season as some days we couldn't even lye around the pool at all due to lack of sunbeds.
The poolside bar was handy and food was cheap enough, however drinks seemed very expensive! We paid over €5 each for a large coke.
Halfway through our stay we had to move rooms due to a leaking pipe in the ceiling, however there was no fuss and we moved immediately to a lovely room on the third floor (318). We also had a complimentary free dinner at the restaurant for inconvinience. This is where we learnt we were glad we only opted for bed and breakfast, as although the food was lovely there were so many places to eat In the old town, we were glad we got chance to try them.
The location of the hotel is perfect for all point in albufeira. A ten minute walk to the beach and the old town, a small train outside the hotel to the new town. A few shops and mcdonalds directly outside the hotel - we were never short of places to eat or drink. There was also a large supermarket a 2 minute walk from the hotel. We couldn't of been happier with the location.
Restaurants we would recommend in the old town were: pampus steak house - absolutely gorgeous and worth the few extra euros! Staff were really friendly and food was just amazing.
Urban pizza was really good value for money and lovely pizza.
Spice time - an Indian restaurant just up the hill out of the old town was also one of our favourite meals - really friendly and curry was one of the best we had ever tasted.
Somewhere we would not recommend would be 'oh fernandos' food was very average and over priced and service was appalling. We waited 20-30 minutes for our empty places to be taken and we were the only ones eating in there!
Places to drink in the old town - D&C bar was really friendly karaoke bar that we loved and Meet bar also.
Overall the old town and hotel were gorgeous and would recommend to all. The only downfall to the hotel would be not being able to get a sun lounger - I suspect due to being busy high season. But there is space for more loungers - just none to lye on! Do not go half board - bed and breakfast is worth it. The breakfasts were gorgeous and well worth it.
We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal