We stayed for 11 nights on a B/B basis. The hotel is clean and reception were polite and quick when booking in. The room is a nice size with good size beds. Our room overlooked the busy road so try to get a pool facing room if possible. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a good standard.
You are given a piece of paper on arrival informing guests not to reserve sun beds and that is as far as they go with enforcing that rule! On the first morning we came down around 8 to find most beds reserved with towels and only about 2 people on them! Im afraid if you want a bed you have to do the same as everyone else and get up early and lay claim with your towels. I was out most mornings at 7.30 and apart from the towels their was nobody else there, which was nice and relaxing. I found it fascinating to see people coming down still in their pyjamas putting towels out then watching them turn up as late as 2.00!
The breakfast was very good with a good selection of hot food (bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom beans etc`) as well as cereals, pastries, fruit, cold meats and cheese as well as hot and cold drinks.
The entertainment at the hotel was awful at night and there was none in the day, unless you count the dressed up person walking round the pool for a couple of minutes! At night the entertainment consisted of a singer playing and singing along to an electric piano which was like butlins circa 1960s. This isnt a massive problem for us as we only had one drink here before heading off out but we may have stayed for more if the entertainment was decent. There was a man singing on one night who was good, and got the audience involved with his humour, this was the only night that when we came back the tables outside were packed (says it all really)
The drinks are expensive at the pool bar with two small cokes costing over 5 euros and water over 3 euros. Get your water at the supermarket just down the road as it is alot cheaper.
At nights we walked down to the Old town which we just loved. Lots of places to eat (try the all you can eat pork ribs, they were amazing), and drink with some really good street acts in the central part. After 11 the side streets come alive with music and party people. We stayed until the early hours a few times and really loved it.
I wouldn't go back to this hotel, although nice as we flt it lacked any atmosphere at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal