I previously reviewed this hotel in detail on March 18, 2014 as we have stayed here on 2 other occasions. My wife and I are just home after another 13 night stay at this hotel. Again it was overall a very positive stay. We had reason to request a change of room upon our arrival. We moved to room next door after 2 nights. Thus we had more interaction with Reception staff than on our previous 2 stays here. They were extremely helpful and courteous about our change and kept us updated at all times. Very professional at all times.
We were again on top floor on a B&B basis. All comments from previous review still apply.
Only negative comment is that at check in they give a strong warning about not reserving sunbeds at pool but do absolutely nothing about enforcing this policy. We went to beach most days but on the few days we stayed at pool most sunbeds already had towels on them by 8.15 yet wouldn't see some people arrive until after midday!! Would be a major problem if interested in staying by pool every day. Saw towels being put out at 7.00!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal