Not suprisingly the name of the hotel is pronounced differently from the way it looks : )
First impressions of the hotel - Our rooms were not ready on arrival (roughly 1pm) so we had to wait around until 2 oclock which I think is fair, our bags were stored away in the 'baggage area' under lockdown. We decided to visit the poolbar and were not dissapointed, the pool area looked great! There is no tacky scenery to spoil your view, we were very impressed.....except for the price of the cocktails, wish my partner which change her drink!
On to the rooms - I noticed a funny smell as walking into the room, sure this was the bathroom (as others have pointed out) however my partner dismissed this. The room was completed with the basics, t.v, bed, bathroom, a/c and balcony. We were facing the road side of the hotel which was not really a problem for us as we didnt spend too much time in the hotel, overall the room was clean so we were cool with that.
Note - the noise coming from the street was minimal. I did wake up once or twice but this was probably because of the bed, I hate low beds!
Food - unable to comment too much here, we were b&b. Breakfast was fine, cooked and uncooked available. I was happy with what was provided.
Location - for us the location was fantastic! Probably 10 minutes walk to the old town which was nice, we enjoy a nice stroll on a night time. The strip is a bit further, but there is a bus/train that stops right outside the hotel. The bus/train makes three stops in total, leaving your hotel going to the strip then the old town back to Cero Alagoa, the buses come every 20 mins up until about 11 or 12pm.
The old town was definately the place for us as we like our fine cuisine! If you see a Ukranian guy making mojitos on the side of a street, buy one! They are the nicest ever!! A few restaurants I should mention (although I dont remember names) is the logfire pizza place, we enjoyed a nice stone baked garlic bread and chicken piri piri with a jug of white sangria. Restaurant Ruina was a place I was always going to visit having seen it featured on a program back home, they primarily serve fish food but do offer beef. Finally there was a little restaurant run by a chinese lady, this was situated down one of the steets before the stone baked pizza place. I experienced some fine goats cheese and also succulent spare ribs, Bon Apetite!
Our excursions - we made three journeys outside our resort, the first was to Zoomarine which is a must for anyone. A good show all round.
Surfari Super day - this consisted of a talented guy by the name of Miguel taking us up the mountains in a jeep to drink fire water, eat chicken piri piri and later cruise down the river in a very Portugese boat. Good times!!
Seville - great day out however it is a very long day and you have to get up early. Seville is beautiful, lovely buldings and a superb cathedral.
Overall this holiday was a 4/5 for me and my partner. I would definately visit Portugal again, hopefully when its a bit cheaper though....Forca Portugal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal