1,919 results
All reviews dog and duck pub indoor pool old town vila gale hotel bed and breakfast lovely hotel tourist train busy road plenty of sunbeds a pool view room cake shop next door cold meats junior suite day ticket main road reception staff pool side
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is fully deserving of it’s 4* rating in all aspects other than the restaurant.
Breakfast was a fiasco with tables not being cleared or prepared for further use quickly enough due to insufficient staff. The 2 “chefs” cooking showed no level of enthusiasm or pride in what they were doing.
Dinner was even less appealing with the mediocrity in presentation, choice and quality only being surpassed on the next night.
What was refreshing was the letter posted under our room door inviting us to meet a member of management over a drink and to share our views of the hotel.
We duly passed on all of our criticisms and suggestions and they were taken appreciatively. In fact, we did comment on how miserable the restaurant staff seemed to be with little willingness to wish you a good morning, smile or engage in any conversation. The very next day there were smiles, exchanges of greetings and passing conversation. The mood in the restaurant was lifted for all guests.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Alistair M
VilaGaleHotels, General Manager at Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review and for taking the time to give us your opinion regarding your stay at the Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa.

We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations. We work daily to meet the wishes of our guests. In this case, apparently, we failed. We hope you give us the opportunity to show you that this is not our way to toast our guests. That said, we look forward for a second chance and for your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

A lovely resort, apartments were a little dated but exceptionally clean. Great location, great staff. Any issue that we had was dealt with immediately.. Staff happy to give information about resort and bus times etc

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank Maria P

Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure that we read your excellent review regarding your recent stay with us. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate the special mention to our staff with whom we will share your feedback and will definitely motivate them to do even better.

We're delighted to know that you had a great time at Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa and we do hope to see you again this year. Algarve still has a lot of amazing places waiting for you to discover.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We are a family of 3 and stayed at this hotel late July 2018 for 10 nights. To be balanced i will share as i experienced. Food is ok, no issue getting a sun bed, generally clean hotel. Unfortunately however there were frequent issues that no one at the hotel were genuinely interested in solving. The location is central to both old town and new town of Albufeira, however one side of the hotel is on a very busy main road and if your room is not pool facing and you are on the road side, the view is a McDonalds and KFC over the road. Very difficult to sleep due to traffic and drunken people noise and completely pointless having a balcony as opening the sliding door to it only makes it noisier. Despite staying there at peak season the poolside bar frequently only had 1 person on duty and often a 15 min wait for a drink. There was a large wedding group at the hotel who would get up to 20 drinks at a time, no issue with the group, merely the staffing levels of the hotel. Crazy inconsistencies when told on day 9 of our stay that despite being all inclusive we couldn't have a chicken salad for lunch but could have a tuna one. Made no sense whatsoever as if a non all inclusive guest both were priced at 6 Euros. Also on day 9 my partner was told the large plastic glasses were for beer only and not water, we had water in them no problem at all for previous 8 days. It really was a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing. The hotel positions itself as a family hotel but large stag groups were also there and the behaviour and noise created was dreadful, including the drinking of alcohol in the pool itself which i reported to the hotel and no action was taken. A member of a large stag group sat by the poolside bar all day in what can only be described as a dominatrix mask, and despite being surrounded by families and children clearly the hotel staff didn't ask him to remove it. My stepdaughter had an outfit that was left to dry on the balcony and it was burnt to shreds by a discarded cigarette of another room. It was only a low value outfit and having spent over £4000 on our holiday the least i expected was for the hotel to reimburse us for the outfit. But despite my protestations, they didn't. The wifi is poor, so much so the entertainment team gave up on karaoke one night as they couldn't connect to their songs. In terms of the entertainment, the same 3-4 people who host poolside activities also do the night time entertainment. They worked and tried very hard but the evenings were disappointing as most guests simply went out. I think if everyone was all inclusive this would be different but seemed majority weren't so to be honest the entertainment on offer wasn't something you'd stay in for. We returned home on Aug 5th and i emailed the hotel on 6 Aug with my experiences, NO RESPONSE. And i know it was the right email address as i emailed them before going with a request and they responded. This only added to what i experienced, i.e. you are ok if you don't raise issues, if you do interest levels appear low or non existent. I've read plenty of other reviews and they are mixed, from fantastic to some with similar experiences to myself, in particular the noisy road. I respect all of those ,this was just my and my families experience. I met a family who said this was their 10th visit to the hotel so as i say this was just how it was to us. Please note this is the 3rd review i've done, the previous 2 from summer family holidays, one in Minorca and another in Algarve have been glowing, i.e. i'm not looking for things to criticise, merely sharing my personal experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank robdacey001
VilaGaleHotels, General Manager at Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear robdacey001,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as your comments are very important and help us to improve our standards and service.
As per our recent emails, we have clarified all the points, and all the misunderstandings.
We remain at your disposal for any questions that may arise and look forward to your next visit at Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Second time we’ve stayed in a vila Galé hotel, after staying in one last year, too. And I would stay with them again because it’s a “you know what you get” kind of chain.

We booked as a family of 5 (me, my wife, our daughter, my parents)
The holiday started out brilliantly, with the kind reception staff upgrading us to a suite due to us being 5, this generosity was very much appreciated, it meant we all had a base together.
The room was lovely and the views from the balcony were stunning.
My only compliant was the noise from the “entertainment” in the evening, but that’s only a minor thing.

The food and drinks in the hotel are tasty, plentiful and well varied. However, I’m disappointed that there was cider in the hotel (on tap) but it ISN’T included in the all inclusive, which to me is odd and if I’m honest, quite cheap of the hotel.
I always enjoyed our dining experiences in the morning and night, with the staff giving lots of attention to our 1 year old daughter. I felt that, despite this, the service could have been better with getting drinks for us in the evening, but I will forgive the staff as it seemed very busy and they seemed to be working very hard.

The pool and sunbathing area was wonderful and relaxing, with plenty of beds for everyone despite it being busy. The kids pool and club is a nice touch, too. The children’s workers were very kind.
I Would say that perhaps there isn’t the need for the constant music, but that’s a personal taste.
One day during our stay there was a children’s party there at the poolside and I have to say, that really annoyed me. There didn’t seem to be anyone taking control of these children, and the were being unruly.
This annoyed me for a few reasons:
I didn’t come on an all inclusive holiday to be part of a children’s party, and, some people had SPECIFICALLY come away at that time of year to avoid the large number of children due to them being back in school. It seemed like a very odd thing to do from the hotel.

The cleanliness of the hotel was excellent, as well as the housekeeping, they were also very polite and courteous.

The location of the hotel is brilliant. Can walk to the beach (10-15 minutes) if you like, or catch the land train which stops right outside the hotel. (€5)
It’s close to the main town, too. Which is well worth a look around.
Also close to a large supermarket if you need anything.

I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again.
I just feel, that with a little extra push, it could be an excellent hotel, rather than a very good one.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank alun1612
VilaGaleHotels, General Manager at Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your preference regarding Vila Galé Hotels and for taking the time to provide us such an excellent and detailed review.

We are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay at Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa and kept wonderful memories of your experience with us. We will definitely pass on your feedback to our staff.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Been here before on our honeymoon. Here at the moment. Nice hotel. Plenty of sun loungers around a nice pool area. Good breakfast. Nice staff.
Toilet was broke when we arrived. Fixed promptly. Only negative this time is room is facing road. Very noisy. I wish we would have had a pool facing room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sjm1919
VilaGaleHotels, Assistant Manager at Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous preference and for providing us your feedback.

We are very glad to read that you are having an enjoyable stay here at Vila Galé Cerro Alagoa and to see that we maintain the high standarts that made you come back.

Regarding your room facing the road, we try to assign the rooms according to our guests reservations and preferences, sometimes it's not possible to upgrade due to our occupancy. I'm sure that if you go to Reception our Front Desk Manager will try to help you in the best way possible, our main goal is still our guests satisfaction and we want you to continue to be such a great ambassator of our Hotel.

Nuno Ramos