Book In Advance
Tours from Mimo Algarve tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Mimo Algarve
from US$74.50
More Info
All reviews supper club cookery school head chef cooking class portuguese cooking wine tasting mateus guillaume miguel cataplana shop algarve
Reviewed 3 days ago

We recently attended the Supper Club with Chef Manuel and loved every minute of it. The evening starts with sparkling wine and a tapas dish, a lovely meal follows with great inspiration from the chef as he prepares each dish. The ambience is relaxed and creative. The food was delicious and the wine pairings complemented each dish beautifully. We loved that it was Portugese ingredients cooked in a way that we hadn't had before - very creative plating made it look as beautiful as it tasted.
A very good value at 65 Euros including wine with each of the five courses.
We are heading back tomorrow for another class at Mimo Algarve

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Lucia and team were fantastic! I had a great time learning some traditional Portuguese recipes (with a couple of ‘illegal’ twists!). It’s a lovely atmosphere, in a beautiful setting. Lucia and her team made the whole experience really fun, and I learned loads of helpful tips for home. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am not a cook (unless you call throwing something in the microwave cooking), but this class made me feel like I could be possibly be! Learning everything first hand from Chef Lucia not only made me that much more confident in the kitchen, but showed me that I can actually enjoy it. I especially loved learning how to filet a fish!

Thank you Chef Lucia for the best introduction - I only wish I could've signed up for more classes!

MimoFood, General Manager at Mimo Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Elaine P

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the cooking class with our Head Chef Lucia and felt that you came away with new kitchen skills and are now more confident in your kitchen!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another class!

The Mimo Algarve Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We attended the supper club at Pine Cliffs as a party of seven people. The ambience was fantastic and we were made to feel at home in a very relaxed environment right from the start. Lucia the Chef was fabulous in every way. She was very knowledgeable about the food and wine as well as being a fantastic chef! The food was delicious and Lucia even changed the menu from previously discussed to cater for the tastes in our party as she really wanted to ensure we had the best experience possible. Thank you Lucia for a really great evening. You're a star!!

Dear fbarrett2018

Many thanks for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had a fantastic time at our Supper Club experience! Lucia will be delighted to receive your feedback and to know that she created some truly wonderful and special memories for you all to take home with you.

We hope to see you again at Pine Cliffs in the future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What an excellent evening. We went as a group of 7 in Pine Cliffs, the food was fantastic and the wine flowed. Thank you Lucia

MimoFood, General Manager at Mimo Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear katrinarennie11

Many thanks! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Supper Club at Mimo Algarve with Lucia and her team. We hope to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a delightful experience, full of locally rooted gastronomy combined with top class contemporary expertise. We had a great evening, learned a lot and enjoyed an exceptional meal. Next time we have the opportunity, we will definitely be back!
Many thanks

Dear ChrisK6299

Many thanks for your feedback and positive words. We are delighted to hear that you had a great evening and enjoyed the experience with us!

Do come back and see us again soon,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I organised a birthday celebration with 7 friends for two days at Pine Cliffs to include the Portugal with a Twist Supper Club and the Modern Portuguese Bistronomy class the next day. It was the most perfect way to celebrate a landmark birthday!

Lucia and her team were wonderful! We were greeted with warmth and a glass of delicious Marquês de Marialva! What a way to begin one of the most interesting and delicious evenings I have ever spent! Lucia was absolutely wonderful! She was kind,patient and hugely informative answering our barrage of questions with grace and humour! In short, she is the perfect teacher. No question was too trivial not to be answered and she explained clearly and precisely how each dish had been prepared and why. It was a truly enlightening experience.
We returned the next day for our hand-on Modern Portuguese Bistronomy class to find yet again a warm welcome from Lucia. While we might all have been slightly worse for wear she was bright and sparkly and ready to lead us on another fascinating culinary journey. We chopped and filleted, peeled and diced our way through another delicious four-course meal. It was fascinating to work in a professional kitchen and nearly all of us are now ready to turn our spare bedrooms into kitchen supply storage!! Suddenly the Christmas lists became extra long.It was really great being exposed to all sorts of new utensils we can no longer live without.
The bright and airy kitchen is a glorious venue made for conviviality and we all thoroughly enjoyed learning from such a gracious and accomplished teacher. I, for one, am already planning my return trip to MIMO!

1  Thank dnnic
MimoFood, General Manager at Mimo Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear dnnic

Many thanks for your review and very kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your two different experiences at Mimo Algarve and were met with warmth, grace and humour by Lucia, our chef. She will be so delighted to hear that it was one of the most interesting and delicious evenings you have ever spent. Also lovely to read that it was a birthday celebration with your 7 friends which makes it all the more special and of course memorable!

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Mimo, either in the Algarve or in one of our other locations some time soon,

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I attended a four day cookery school at MIMO ALGARVE which was casual, enlightening and great fun. By the second time I got to finish my favourite trick, blowtorching mackerel , having delicately smoked the fish over fresh herbs, the herbs under the rack caught from the blow torch ... wonderful ,whoosh !
A rotation of wonderful chefs from Lucia, ( Head Chef ) Mateus, Miguel, Manuel , and Caterina ( who assisted and cleaned up behind chefs and pupils) , taught us all so much. From the importance of 'ice baths', 'brunoise' ( chopping everything so tiny, fit for a dwarfs dinner) , 'sous vide' technique ( which I'll have to emulate in my steam oven) . Such an enjoyable four days, I did the evening Chefs Table on the final day.
Eating all our accomplishments paired with delicious wines and port was joyful.
The value for the 4 or 7 day courses was excellent. Book soon, Mimo-Algarve is the newest of the Spanish based Mimo Schools ,and when established, the prices may ( fairly) increase a little. Highly recommended. STEPHEN RYAN x

Dear MadamedeSevigne

Many thanks for your feedback and review. We are very happy to hear that you learnt so many interesting and fun techniques cooking with Lucia, Mateus and the rest of the chef team at Mimo Algarve. We hope to welcome you back again one day to learn more and have lots more fun!

Best regards

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did Supper Club last and thought it was fantastic. The concept was great, the food incredible and chef Lucia extremely warm and informative. Would definitely do it again!

1  Thank Alison P

Dear Alison P

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Supper Club experience with Lucia and her team and would repeat it again!

Best regards

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

It's been a great pleasure to attend in 7 days course at Mimo Algarve Cooking School with great chefs!
Thank you guys, we turned my vision of cooking process. I'm so much thankful to Lucia Ribeiro - Head Chef, Manuel, Miguel, Catarina - you all guys are great and sunshine persons, that made my 7 days even more bright than Portugal sun. Your recipes are twisted, crazy, full of flavor, colors and always beautiful like you're all! I can't repeat the words "Going off the beaten track leads straight to happiness"! Don't stop doing of what you're doing, my heart is always yours!

1  Thank Alexeynavnav

Dear Alexeynavnav

Many thanks for your positive feedback and for spending a week cooking with us at Mimo Algarve! We are delighted to hear that you learnt a lot with our team of chefs and had a wonderful time. Lucia and her team will be really happy to hear your kind words.

All the best and we hope to see you again some time soon!