“A Regular when in Albufeira”
Review of O Alentejano

O Alentejano
Ranked #366 of 854 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

One of the best, if not the best, in town for the local fare of Portugal, both meat & seafood dishes, always a warm welcome, service with a smile, used by the locals a lot, if not on the menu, will try to accommodate, given notice, everything well cooked & to your own specification, reasonably priced food & drink, if you want something away from the tourist fare that is served up in the town square & elsewhere in the resort, this is a must.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a great meal with fresh ingredients and good portions. Very friendly staff and owner. Always busy with locals and tourists. A good sign. For something off the busy square, this place is a must.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have eaten at the small Portuguese cafe in the Old Town on a few occasions. The food is tasty & the Cafe is used by lots of locals. They do a typical Portuguese stew on a Thurs & the cafe is really busy when this is on the menu. The have a range of dishes and the prices are very reasonable. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I had dinner at O Alentejano in Albufeira and both our meals were delicious. I had Bife a Casa, it was served to me sizzling hot in the dish with homemade potato chip slices. The sauce was so good. My husband had grilled tuna steak and it was equally delicious. I tried some of his tuna steak and it was the best I have tasted so far.
For dessert, we had the almond tart, it was to die for. I wish I could get the recipe for the dessert.
If you are in Albufeira, you have to try this restaurant. They are off the beaten path so you may have to ask the tourist office where to find them. This restaurant was recommended to us by a local shopkeeper.

1  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We visited O Alentejano for lunch during a day trip to Albufeira, the restaurant is situated in a small side street just off of the main square in the Old Town.
On the day we were there, there was the choice of 5 or 6 main meals for 5 euros, which included the Portuguese Stew which we both had.
The portions were a good size and more importantly, the quality was great, including different pieces of meat, potatoes and cabbage.
I would recommend O Alentejano as a lunchtime visit, but would advise people that before the meal, breads, olives and carrots are brought to the table (couvert) as a starter. These are added to the bill, even though you do not ask for them. With this in mind, if you do not want them, tell the waiter when he brings them over and he will take them away again.

1  Thank Attews