“Amazing!”

Ranked #23 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Description: Authentic North Indian Cuisine.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We went to clay oven twice over our 10 days spent in Portugal. I've got to admit- it's one of the nicest curry houses I have ever been to. It doesn't look much from the outside but the food is just amazing and the staff are lovely, especially Neil who was just such a nice bloke! I wish I could order a take away from there back to the uk! I would definitely recommend eating here!

There are newer reviews for Clay Oven Indian Kitchen

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went here for a lovely meal with the lads very friendly and polite would Deffo recommend ,the lamb madras was top notch

Reviewed 21 June 2014

little restaurant just before the strip, nice friendly staff and wonderful food. fairly cheap for the excellent food and a lovely bottle of wine.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

great little indian 10 mins from where we were staying good service and welcome followed by good food and drink at reasonable cost, 2nd visit spoilt by rude female staff member so we went 20 metres along the road to the Bombay palace which was equally as good

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Maybe we have been spoiled where we live. We were recommended this establishment by a member of staff at another bar/restaurant so we thought we would give it a go. We were shown a table outside of the main restaurant in the sheltered area by a friendly waiter. We ordered popadoms which were fairly quick to arrive. These were really good. Large and nice and crispy. The mint dip was creamy with full of flavour as was the chopped onion salad which had a nice chilli kick. Our main meals arrived after a reasonable time. My madras had plenty of chicken but the sauce could have been a little thicker and was also rather mild for the madras I am normally used to back here at home and it could have been warmer. My Wife enjoyed her Rogan Josh. The boiled rice was tasty but the garlic nan was excellent, light fluffy and loaded with flavour. The meal was washed down with a bottle of the house white which was also very good. It's a shame about the sauce, I would have given it the extra point!