“Gem of Albuferia”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

What a fabulous place this is! Arrived in portugaland hotel restaurant was closed. The Cepa Velha was welcoming and friendly with prices to match. Spotlessly clean and fabuus service. If you don't visit this place you are really missing out. Thursday nights are not to be missed. Professional musicians Portuguese style round off a memorable vist to this wonderful little restaurant

3  Thank alitomcatwhitelinen
There are newer reviews for Cepa Velha

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went here in April with 2 of my friends, we were treated great by the staff amd the sangria was awesome went back another few times!! Would highly recommend the Portuguese steak :-)

2  Thank chelleScotland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Went for the Fado on a Thursday brilliant food and excellent entertainment.
The kids where clapping there hands and cheering to the traditional Portugese music wonderful.

1  Thank nnbirtwistle
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

The owner was fantastic, the food was great, we ate there every day. Lovely man, lovely place to eat warm and friendly, great food.

1  Thank Dwayne D
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I ate at Cepa Velha in Oct 13 and my review expressed my disappointment of the meal I had on that occasion. Wow am I glad I went back, I visited many times during my 6 weeks stay, mainly for drinks and snacks as I was on half board at the nearby Auramar, but on my last evening there the wonderful Olivia and Juan invited me to dine with them as their guest, oh what a treat, the food was fabulous, the wine superb and the company great, tasty tit-bits to start, succulent garlic prawns to follow, then beautiful steak with portuguese potatoes, and even though bursting at the seams we followed all that with a lovely dessert of cake, strawberries, ice cream and cream ! Wow, what an evening, fantastic !
With a friend I also visited 3 times on Thursdays for the Fado nights, though all in Portuguese the night was great entertainment, it was also good to see Juan enjoying himself joining in with his guitar and sometimes the triangle. Overall, the ambience at the Cepa created by the friendliness and attentiveness of the hosts is first class. At this stage I am not sure of my next trip to the Algarve, but, I am sure that when I do go Cepa Velha will be one of the first places I will be visiting, and it will be my intention to dine there more often !

2  Thank BObell_12