Immaculate and spacious this hotel certainly met our expectations.Great staff who were very attentive and the First Choice team were great too.I also loved the fact that there were many other European tour operators using this hotel so it was nice to meet other nationalities as often these are exclusively British which can sometimes feel just like being at home!
The rooms were very large with everything you could need.The flat screen TV's had a DVD player too which I wish we would have know as we lugged the laptop in case there was not one in the room! The remote control has to be collected from reception before use.
Our children 3 and 7 yrs had a great time at the First Choice kids club sessions and evening parties meaning that we had a rest and had time to relax with out having to keep an eye on the all the time.Thanks to Franky and Lauren.
The weather was great a lovely cool breeze blowing which made the intense sun feel great.We has rain showers one day but this didn't spoil our fun.
There are no pool towels provided so bring your own.The pools were a little cold even in August, which meant they were not used as much as they could have been by the smaller children who found them too cold.The warmer indoor pool was a massive success with the older kids but this was a little annoying as a parent had to supervise them inside when we of course wanted to enjoy the sunshine! The pool area was always very clean and we only had a problem finding a sun bed on one day but I think it was because there was a local holiday and people bought a day pass to use the pool.The slide park was just big enough to occupy the children without feeling you were in a tourist attraction.
Now on to the areas which could be improved!
Bar / restaurant service was slow at times as I had read in other reviews and I had emailed First Choice prior to departure in relation to my concern as it was noted as being slow before the school holidays! However, when we got used to the place we learned to pick our time when there was no queue.Staff were great especially Carlos ,Ricardo and Andre who seemed to work non stop in the bar or restaurant and always made you feel like a valued customer even though we were all inclusive.The Pool bar service was quite bad at times and the staff not so smiley either!
The entertainment in the bar area/terrance was poor but to be honest we met such lovely people we would have been happy with just some background music!The magician was extremely poor even the kids could see how he did his tricks! Then there was reptile man and parrot man both of which were a photo sales pitch! Karaoke and a couple of dodgy fed up singers and that was that!
The restaurant was also very clean and food was good but could be improved as in the evening dishes did not seem to go together but we always found something nice such a piri piri chicken / fish and salad or pasta /rice etc along with themed nights of chinese and mexican which were acceptable.The kids also ate well which made meal times more enjoyable and no waiting for food! We went on an all inclusive basis which will be stopping next year so I this will not be an issue.
The beach was a little too far just to pop for an hour or two with many steps and quite a long walk for little ones.If we did not have small children I think we would have been more often. ( Missing the all inclusive and kids club also made this less attractive to us)
We had a day out at The Zoomarine which was a great family day out lovely dolphin and sea lion shows and great water rides and excellent 4D cinema which was a must. This cost around £70 for all of us and the hotel gave us a pack up and drinks to take with us.
Overall, we would go back if it were remaining all inclusive, as it is the closest we have been to all of our family having the holiday we wanted as the adults want to relax and spend time together and the kids want full on entertainment which is a very tricky compromise to find with out the expense of Mark Warner etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal