We travelled as a family of 4, our boys are 9 & 12, staying for 10 days. We had an excellent time, our room was spotless & spacious, there were 2 beds in the lounge area for the boys to sleep on - which is a bonus as they hate to share a bed! Fantastic large balcony, with great sea views. Towels were changed every couple of days, but our bedding was only changed once & that was 2 days before we left!!?? Slightly odd we thought. Rooms cleaned every day. The rooms have a TV which I know others have complained on this site that it's 30 Euros for a remote, we didn't bother with a remote as the controls are on top of the telly so a remote is not required anyway!
Food was varied with something for everyone at every meal time. The dishes of food were not large & therefore re-stocked on a very regular basis & was always fresh, but not always very hot, however have learnt that most european's do not eat buring hot food as us brits! All the staff were helpful & friendly & went out of there way to make you feel welcome. I think most reviews mention Ricardo & his amazing cocktails - have to agree 100%! Entertainment was a bit ropey, but we weren't that bothered as we just enjoyed sitting on the terrace having a drink while the boys played with their many new friends.
Only a couple of downside's: The temperature of the pool, it was freezing. We normally spend half our hoiday in the pool with the boys, but could only manage about 10 minutes at a time before we could no longer feel our limbs! The boys didn't seem to mind though & just went to the bar for a hot chocolate! Also the beds were extremely hard. I like a hard bed, but after a few nights it was very uncomfortable & I ended up sleeping on one of the sofa beds!
The beach was beautiful but a bit tricky to get to, 2 sets of wooden steps that accessed the beach had been smashed by the waves following a storm & you had to scramble over the rocks & then jump down onto the beach. Fine for us but not an option for families with young children.
It was very quiet when we stayed due to it being the end of the season & some trips etc. were no longer running, but this didn't spoil our holiday. Would certainly return & recommend for others to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal