We stayed at the Alfgar for two weeks in a two bedroom apartment during early October.
The apartment was very clean, spacious and modern. The kitchen was well equipped (everything you need for self catering) but we went out to eat most nights (old town is best.) We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but the food looked OK and they appeared to have a weekly menu. We were on the first floor and had views over the garden and carpark at the side, this was fine as it was not noisey during the day. The balcony was massive - it had two sun loungers and a table and four chairs. The cleaners were brilliant and always came to clean (6 days a week) in the afternoon - I hate it when they come in the morning! The gardens were spectacular and the hotel pool was clean with plenty of sun loungers and slides for the kids. The beach by the hotel was OK (bit of a trek up the hill on the way back) but as we had a car and know the area we travelled to other beaches. We did enjoy cliff walks in this area though. It is a good idea to have a car as we had great days out in Lagos, Alvor (great reggae bar - you can't miss it by the way it is decorated outside!), the fort at Sagres and Silves - great day at the castle and town.
*Having to pay a deposit for the t.v remote control - it is supposed to be a four star hotel?
* The beds were hard - personal taste I know but after two weeks everyone in the family was complaining of back pain.
* Walls were thin so was often noisey - especially when people were coming and leaving (suitcases)
* Daytime receptionists not very smiley (evening ones were and also very helpful) - not the end of the world but people are on holiday so they could make an effort.
*The pool where the bar is with free wireless is filthy - covered in bird poo, broken sun loungers and the toliet sinks were not connected properly so water came gushing out on our feet when we washed are hands. We called it the cat pool as there are load of stray kittens there. We did not go back as the hotel pool is much nicer - I don't think this pool is run by the hotel, but the Alfagar resort.
Despite these minor moans I would still go back and stay again as they were not significant enough to ruin our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal