Stayed last week of June 2012, 3 adults and 2 kids. Originally had booked two 1 bed apts self catering, hotel was busy so at check in was offered 1 x 2 bed room apt and upgrade to half board. After looking at the apt decided to accept.
The apartment was v v v big , being quite sad i estimated (by stepping it out) it must have been about 600/700 sq ft including balcony. . I cant fault the apartment whatsoever for size. It was cleaned three times in the week we stayed and new towels etc left as well.
The food. The breakfast was ok, nice buffet and no complants at all. The evening meal was not nice at all, food was in my opinion worse than school diners and we only ate twice deciding to eat out on all other occasions. This is my only fault with the hotel but as we got a 'freebie' it didnt matter.
Location. 15 mins walk to the 'bumble bee' at the bottom of the strip and 20 mins walk to OLhas de agua the other way. As long as you dont mind a walk its ok. As we had kids we needed taxis. Some nights taxis arrived in 5 some nights 25 mins just pot luck.
We mainly went to Olhas at night time and spent our time in Aqua bar and fratellis resturant , both excellent and both worth a visit.
The pools at the hotels again excellent, the slides kept our kids happy and if they are happy as parents will know everyone else is happy. One point of note only one lifeguard.
There was no kids club when we stayed (it was advertised when we booked) i think it must only operate at peak times.
The bar in Alfagar1 is where the evening entertainment is on, the 'entertainment'is the usual holiday type so dont expect any major shows. There is a nice kids play area beside the bar and you can chill out with a pint and still watch kids
All in all i would highly reccommend these apts but not the food. I am bookng for next year asap and for me that is very unusual. So cant wait till next year and another week of bliss
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal