If it weren't for the rock hard beds!! Transfers (cheapest we found was 'resort hoppa' , 'green bus' was the name of the company that will collect you though. My family of 6 from faro return was about £30) were around 30 mins-easy, safe & pleasant journey. Check in was quick-1st impressions were very good. Hotel looks modern, clean & vast. Given a 2 bed apartment room 406. Very large, very clean and had everything you'd need. Balcony huge!! As we arrived fairly late (10pm ish), we made our way down to the bar/restaurant for a drink & pizza. First thing to say is 1) stray cats are really annoying! They don't leave you alone-they're not viscous, it's just not particularly pleasant. 2) bar staff are incredible-friendly, helpful, really go all out. 3) this is the only place on the resort you'll get free wi-fi, otherwise It'll cost you 7 euros per 24 hours, which I think is a little money grabbing in this day & age. Finally, 4) food & service is good. Breakfast is ok, you'll get better value for money if you take a left out of the hotel & take a walk for about 10 mins. (Take care though & hold little ones hands, a few mins up & on the same side of the road as the hotel, is a very dangerous stretch where there is a very large drop and absolutely no fence or walls between you and it!). We had a Chinese at the 'royal'-defo recommended.
The amenities & cleanliness of this resort are fabulous. No complaints at all. There are numerous pools (outdoor, indoor, big, small & everything in between!), slides, playgrounds, pool tables, tennis courts, supermarket. Literally everything for everyone. It's very pretty too-lots of Palm trees, plenty of sun beds & umbrellas. The other holiday makers were all very pleasant. I like the clientele this place attracts. Literally, the only downside was the rock hard beds! It was like sleeping on a breeze block!! Really awful. Oh and 1 man (forget his name) on reception. Think he suffers from little man syndrome!! But neither would stop me from returning. Very, very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal