We would not normally have chosen this type of apartment hotel but it fitted the bill for us as we wanted to spend some quality time with our grandchildren. Irish_Traveller085 makes some very valid points and I suspect the reason that this hotel is not maximising it's potential is down to money. Perhaps the finance director has been told to use every opportunity to claw back additional costs from guests so they charge for the in room safe, to call for a taxi,courtesy bus into town, wifi (25 euro per week!). In addition they have slashed overheads by changing bed linen only once per week and towels twice per week. The on site shop's prices are highly inflated as are those at the bar when compared to outside. Next door to Alfagar 2 is a half completed building and a forlorn tower crane which looks like Alfagar 3 has become victim of Portugal's economic woes. Our room was not ready on arrival, so we went for lunch and returned at 14.30. When we arrived back there was only one male member of staff on duty accompanied by a trainee who was trying hard to get things right bless her. Meanwhile, he was offering tour advice to a German woman so we waited, and we waited and we waited. We stood there like lemons for 15 minutes. Why on earth do they not have a separate tour desk away from the main check in? (Whilst on the subject of tours, you will need to pay in cash as they will not accept Visa. The nearest cashpoint is over a mile away). The buffet food is certainly not to everyone's taste and we lived on salads for much of the week. What I would say is that the restaurant and bar staff are terrific. Miguel, Carlos, Svetlana and Wanderley to name but a few work extremely hard and for them nothing is too much trouble. The complex is spotlessly clean both inside and out and rubbish bins are emptied regularly especially in the main pool area. The early morning sunbed grabbing fandango is alive and well in spite of the warnings that towels will be removed (which they are not as there are no pool boys). We were not told that pool towels are available for a small deposit and this fact does not feature on the information sheet, so if in doubt, take your own. In spite of these irritants, we enjoyed our time here as a family. The kids were never out of the pool. Finally, if you are allocated Room 212, don't go to floor 2 as it is on floor 1 - don't ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal