I stayed at the Alfagar II for 2 weeks in Aug/Sept. I travelled with Falcon out of Dublin Airport. I stayed here on a self-catering basis in a large one bedroom apartment with sea/pool view. This was simply the best apartment I have ever stayed in on a sun holiday. The apartment was very spacious and modern. The kitchen was kitted out with microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee maker, 4 ring hob cooker & oven and all crockery, pots, pans, utensils etc were supplied. The decor in the apartments is clean, crisp and modern and we had a huge balcony with table & chair. I could not find any fault with the apartment I stayed in at all, absolutely wonderful.
The Pool area at the Alfagar II is really good. There are 3 pools, 2 for kiddies with slides, plenty of sun beds, a pool bar and also an indoor pool. Finding available sun beds was never an issue for us.
The Alfagar II is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest beach. There are two beaches close by, Santa Eulia which is down a lot of steps! The other beach is Maria Luisa, its about a 10 min (slow) walk from the apartments, it's a very nice beach....really big waves and a strong current in the sea so be careful! There are at least 3 lifeguards on duty at all times though.
The only one flaw with the alfagar that I can comment on is the location of it. There are no bars/restaurant close by they are all at least a 10 minute walk. Nevetheless, the benefit of the location is that you are between Ohlos D'Agua and Albufeira so if you want a mad night go to Albufeira and if you want a quiet night go to Ohlos D'Agua.
I had breakfast once in the hotel and a couple of lunches at the pool bar, the food was OK, nothing amazing but fairly edible. Staff were attentive and helpful. Falcon rep, Lauren was brilliant and was at the hotel every evening.
If you're going on holiday to these apartments it is a given that you will love them and have a great holiday!!! I would absolutely return to the Alfagar again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal