We have just returned from a week at CS Salgados Dunas Suite Hotel and we loved it. Totally relaxing venue and excellent customer care.
Our room wasn't huge but had everything we needed. The balcony overlooked the bar and had fabulous views of the pools and sea. The beds were really comfortable and the beds and towels were changed daily. The shower was really good - choose from an overhead shower or hand held shower. Lots of complimentary goodies in the bathroom as well as slippers and bathrobe.
The beach/pool towel service was brilliant. Pick up your towels in the morning for the day - they can be used on the sunbeds around the pool or taken to the beach. The pools (9 in total) were lovely and loads of sunbeds - it never felt busy around the pool.
We had bed & breakfast and the choice at breakfast was amazing. Hot choice including eggs cooked every way imaginable, bacon, mushrooms, beans, hash browns, tomatoes, meats, cheeses, smoked salmon or pastries, breads, jams and sauces, fruit of every description, cereals, toast and yoghurts. Fresh fruit juice and tea or coffee. Something for everyone and more! The guy who serves the coffee was very entertaining and friendly! We had a wonderful meal at the Steak Bar at the poolside and, although it was quite expensive, it was really good. There is an Italian restaurant in the village, about 10 mins walk, which is also worth a visit - Bellavita.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them - a credit to the hotel.
There isn't a village close to the hotel but there is a supermarket up the road which is really well stocked and further on from Bellavita is a bar that is brilliant value for money serving excellent food - Planet Fusion. We hired a car for a day to explore the mountains which aren't too far away and found some beautiful beaches along the coast.
We wouldn't hesitate to book again and would highly recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the dunes of Salgados Beach, your holiday suites enjoy a fantastic tropical atmosphere, surrounded by extensive palm tree gardens. And it's precisely among the palm trees, with the sea in the horizon that you will be able to enjoy all the facilities the resort has to offer. Among others, you will find the 9 swimming pools, with direct access to the beach. Relax and enjoy the cuisine of Bossa Nova Restaurant, as well the cocktails at the Jazz Lobby Bar, fit for those cheerful nights spent with friends. When walking the short distance that separates the hotel from the beach, make the most of the wooden pathway, which can take you all the way into the nature reserve. For children, the Kids Club features a range of entertainment activities to assure your little ones have a fun filled time. This oasis is equipped with everything you need to enjoy your holiday with the utmost well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Ebookers, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salgados Dunas Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Dunas Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Dunas Suites Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal