Travelled here for the August bank holiday with my wife an 3 year old son. our suite on the 3rd floor and was massive with plenty of room for my son to run around and play in and was also sea facing (room 1304) which was great to watch the sunset but the only downside was it was right above the bar which wasn't noisy itself it was the live music practically every night from 8pm - 11pm was.
there are 9 pools, 6 adult and 3 children which are split up onto 3's (2 adult & 1 childrens) as the hotel is over 6 hotel blocks so they were never busy and you could always get a sun lounger. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff very helpful and spoke good english.
a trip to the beach was a walk down a manmade wooden walkway which took approx 5-6mins to walk to a nice beach (public) with plenty of sun loungers and also a massage tent.
There is a kids club for children which runs till late at night (11pm i think) which gives couples a chance to have some quailty time together and staff seemed attentive to the childrens needs.
The only little gripe i had was that you get towel tokens to use down by the pools where you have to go to the hut and exchange these for towels then at the end of the day take the towels back to redeem your tokens to use the next day.
all in all a great weekend break. would definately recomend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the dunes of Salgados Beach, your holiday suites enjoy a fantastic tropical atmosphere, surrounded by extensive palm tree gardens. And it's precisely among the palm trees, with the sea in the horizon that you will be able to enjoy all the facilities the resort has to offer. Among others, you will find the 9 swimming pools, with direct access to the beach. Relax and enjoy the cuisine of Bossa Nova Restaurant, as well the cocktails at the Jazz Lobby Bar, fit for those cheerful nights spent with friends. When walking the short distance that separates the hotel from the beach, make the most of the wooden pathway, which can take you all the way into the nature reserve. For children, the Kids Club features a range of entertainment activities to assure your little ones have a fun filled time. This oasis is equipped with everything you need to enjoy your holiday with the utmost well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Salgados Dunas Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Dunas Hotel Albufeira
- Salgados Dunas Suites Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal