“As Good As Most Tourist Restaurants”

Granfinus Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Ranked #531 of 850 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I would probably give this place 3.5 stars. The service wasn't very good. I did really enjoy my steak on the stone, however the fries and veg did seem like it was from mcdonalds.

I would possibly eat here again if i was stuck for somewhere in the old town. The value for money wasnt as good as most other meals we had but it was about what i would expect from a busy tourist restaurant.

If i had done some research beforehand i would have went somewhere else.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Went for a meal after being harassed by a man outside. although I must be truthfull and say I had a look at the menu and it did look really nice and reasonably priced. Got a table for the four of us. hubby ordered a bottle of wine, and some soft drinks. They came out. ordered our starter. and waited and waited and waited. one bottle of wine later the starters arrived. 3 starters. forgot my hubbys. after around 10 mins of sitting, I had to ask the waiter where my hubbys starter was. he brought it out quite quickly , ordered another bottle of wine and again waited and waited and waited. Bearing in mind our starter plates where still on the table the main courses arrived. The lady serving trying to clear the starter plates while heaping the main courses plates on top!!! never saw the like. Started to eat Mains, lo and behold food freezing, not luke warm but freezing, it must have been sitting out somewhere waiting to be served and forgot about. I then asked the waitress to take these away as they where cold and asked for the manager to come and speak to me. He was not interested at all, in fact looked quite disgusted that I had the cheek to complain. the mains came back. same dishes, probably heated in the micro but still not in the least bit warm!!!! I asked for bill. this came 10 percent off, I told the waiter he must be having a laugh and told them that it wasn't worth the price they where charging , I knocked another 10 percent of and told them thats all they where getting paid. Sorry for rambling on, but I have never in my life refused to pay a bill handed to me in a restaurant but this place was laughable!!
seriously don't waste your money, time or effort !!!!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived at 9pm and had to wait more than an hour for our food. The service in between was very poor with the waiting staff being very inattentive...avoid!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Just back from lunch, snack in this establishment. The service was rubbish. We were lucky and got our food after about 45 minutes but the poor couple at the table beside us, who were there when we arrived, still hadn't been served their food by the time we left!!

We had the half chicken as a special of the day and it was ok. We also had the ribs also special of the day and they were dreadful. The ribs had been left drying out in the kitchen. Watch the drinks and be specific when you order. We got stung on the orange juice €4.50 instead of €2 for ordinary orange and it wasn't worth it.

Unfortunate but this place was the worst we have eaten in while in Albufeira. So my advice go to Buddy's on the square. Excellent staff and excellent food. But give Granfinus a miss.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I tried this restaurant last night on a flying visit through Albufeira. WOW. I tried the rib eye steak medium rare and it was stunning made perfectly. I admit we did have to wait a while which got on my nerves as I was in a hurry with an appointment elsewhere and the clock ticking, but I would rather wait for good food than eat shabby food with quick service. Others in my group art Portugese steak also looked great and some awesome fresh lasagne & piri piri chicken, no complaints all round. Restaurant manager looked a little stressed although all staff professional and polite just the usual pushy salesmen trying to persuade passers by in. Nice setting, good atmosphere and moved us inside when it got to cold outside without to much of a fuss.