“Excellent as Always!!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just adore this restaurant. I always visit when in Albufeira which is usually twice a year.

Rog, Babs and the rest of the staff always give you a warm welcome and I really like the all new and improved Sunset after its makeover earlier on this year.

My favourite dishes are the Golden Bream and the Sea Bass. Definately a must for fish lovers.

The garlic bread is also another dish not to be missed.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This review is a tale of two meals. My partner and I visited and experienced wildly different quality in our meals. My partner had a large chicken breast with pepper sauce, chips and vegetables and said it was the second best meal he had during the whole of our trip.
I ordered a pizza and it was terrible with a base like digestive biscuits, so I ended up eating some and then just ate the topping, leaving the base.
To their credit when I said I hadn't enjoyed my meal the Staff were very apologetic and removed the cost from the bill, as well as explaining why the Pizza had been so bad. Apparently there was a new member of staff in the kitchen and she had got the timings of the meals wrong. The Customer service was very impressive and the Staff very pleasant. My partner's food was fantastic so I think my pizza was a one off mistake. My partner said he would definetly return as the food had been so good.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We ate dinner on June 17. Although there were few people inside, and the place did not feel good, we decided to go, because there was label next to the entrance with a high TripAdvisor rating. I ordered a steak. Poorly served, worse than a cheap Fastfood. The meat had a bad taste and odor. Few carrots, peas and sprouts were without any taste. When we finish eating, nobody has offered dessert or bill, we waited 10 minutes. A woman at the entrance was funny to see not satisfied customer. Promised Wi-Fi not work in all area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Tried Sunset as we are always on the lookout for something different. Definitely one of the best pizzas I've had outside Italy - they also have anchovies! most plastic pizza places don't in my experience.
There is also a small bar alongside the restaurant, great for pre-dinner drinks.
The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly, great value - highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I don't know why after visiting the Algarve for a number of years we ever try any other restaurant. None of them ever comes close to Sunset! We decided to try the restaurant next door for a change and were so disappointed. Steak rubbery and service appalling. We returned the following evening to Sunset on the Strip where we had perfect steak and warm and friendly service as usual. We visited Babs and Rog a further three times during our ten day holiday and were never disappointed.