My husband and I have just returned from a week's break at the the CS Grande Hotel and what a disappointment it was. Do not go there unless you want to be surrounded by screaming children who are running wild. Every area within this hotel is like an extremely noisy playground - there's no escape anywhere - we've certainly never experienced such horrendous noise levels in a 5 star hotel before.
Whilst the hotel is new and very contemporary - at first impression it looks really lovely. However, the open plan design and acoustics throughout the hotel just exacerbate the noise levels and the children (there are a lot of them) literally run and chase each other all over the place -especially throughout the lobby area and bars -not in any way relaxing.
Other problems with this hotel - if you have a resort facing room you will not be able to open your balcony door due to the noise level from a generator unit -it's constant and very intrusive.
The food in the main buffet restaurant is fairly good -but the hot buffet is often cold. You cannot have a conversation in this restaurant due to the level of noise from all the children.
There is no real ambience in any of the bars - in the evenings the lighting is too bright, there is no music playing and children as usual are running riot. The one bar which was quieter was not included in the all-inclusive!
The are 3 fairly small circular pool areas at this hotel -totally inadequate for the size of hotel and again nowhere to escape from the many children.
Would we return to this hotel -NEVER! This hotel has not taken into consideration the needs of adults travelling without children, who may want a relaxing break. Do not go there if a relaxing break is what you are looking for.
The only good thing about this holiday was the lovely beach -a good 15 minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel was so bad we even changed our flight home to leave earlier! We have never been so glad to return home from a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salgados Palacel is located near Albufeira, between the golf and the beach, at Herdade dos Salgados. With majestic interiors, its design is contemporary, however cosy. Here, you will find plenty to spend your time. In the morning, walk along the Salgados Beach with the family or explore the Salgados Lagoon. Later in the day, lounge around one the 3 outdoor pools, before a massage in the magnificent SPA. By late afternoon, save some time for an aperitif in the Sunset Bar, whilst enjoying, in the horizon over the nature reserve, the spectacle of colours after which the bar was named, followed by dinner in one of our restaurants. The hotel, ideal for couples and families, has 228 accommodation units and features great facilities, as well as a modern Congress Centre. A place where design and comfort walk hand-in-hand, between the golf and the beach, this is truly the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salgados Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Cs Salgados Grande Hotel And Spa
- Salgados Palace Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal