“Poor service”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After reading great reviews about this place we decided to visit for breakfast last week whilst staying in a near by hotel . We'll we were a bit disappointed to say the least , the guy serving seemed to be very stressed and a bit rude . I could sympathise if he had a packed out crowd in but there were only a handful of people eating, maybe he was cooking the food , taking orders , serving drinks and washing the dishes ! The food was ok but if your looking for a good breakfast try the place across the road better service , better food and less expensive

2 Thank Jamie M

Dudley West Mids
“Good choice for a good meal”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited Pickwicks tavern 3 times during our recent visit to Portugal.
The food was top class with a really friendly service. My wife loved the cottage pie, I tried the fish and chips as well as their version of Chicken Piri Piri, which was lovely.
As people have said already the portions are generous and you certainly feel full up when you have finished. The hosts are lovely and take the time to talk to you if you wish.
The prices of the food are slightly higher than most of the other restaurants in that area for comparable menus, but it is well worth paying a couple of Euros extra because it is good quality.
My only problem, and it's not exclusive to this place, but seems a problem in the whole of Portugal is that people start smoking around you whilst you are eating. I know the majority of seating is outside but I still don't want to passive smoke 20 cigarettes an hour, especially when I'm eating.
A difficult problem to solve but would be the only reason why I wouldn't choose to eat here or anywhere else on any particular day.

“Great food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went here for lunch whilst our having a walk , the portions were massive and over all the food was awesome cooked to perfection :) x

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great service , great food.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Good wholesome food,ample portions and great service.Located close to the beach , NOT TO BE MISSED !

Visited May 2014
Dundee
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

My mum and I ate here today on our last night. We both had the cod fish and chips which I have to say, was one of the best fish and chips I've ever had! The fish was bot greasy at all, it was cooked to perfection! They also sell a liter jug of sangria for €5 which is the best price in the area! The gentleman who served us/runs it was so friendly and the service was excellent. I would recommend this to both British and non British people, there's something for everyone, kids included, and with such great prices and quality of service/food, along with being on the doorstep of the beach, it cannot be faulted.