All reviews pool area old town uphill walk up hill cleaned every day an update steep steps lick of paint the hotel is clean main town quiet at night hotel is situated quiet location fresh towels bit dated relaxing holiday stayed here for a week
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my mom. I was on a business trip and my mother on holliday.
The room itself was nice but not the usual "Waw effect" you usually have with a 4 star.
The view was really great over the Albufeira bay.
The room had a freezer but it was key closed and you couldn't use it to put some fresh water ou some fruit to eat later. We had to go to the front desk to ask for the TV's remote and the TV was disconnected - we had to conect it ourselves. When we wanted a blow dryer we had to go to the front desk to ask for it and there were already other guests waiting for it because there was only that one available.
We did not use the pool but it had long chairs and sun shades available.
The people at the front desk were very very nice.
The breakfast was alright to.
You have a 500 meter walk to the nearest beach and the city center, wich is very convenient if you don't have a car but if you have trouble walking, don't use it because you have to climb stairs or ramps from the city center to the hotel.
I think this is a good hotel with a nice price. If you are looking for nice for a nice price, this is good but if are a little bit fancy in a 4 star hotel, this one is definitely not a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: My room was 307 and had a very good view! Very quiet. I think it was the only room on that wing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank carlapgg
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned from a great relaxing stay at this hotel, our room was very quiet and lots of room, with large bathroom, maids making sure we had clean towel & bathrobe.

The hotel had character with a lot of history, being the second oldest hotel's in Old town. the place was very clean inside & out, the breakfast was more than enough & there was no rush to finish 7-10am

The reception staff & bar/restaurant staff were so friendly & could not do enough for you! also the pool guy, very helpful & polite.
My sister & I found it a very friendly, peaceful hotel, having a massage also with the lovely lady from the beauty salon.
Not to mention the fantastic views from the pool & top bar of all the coast.
We found some really good value restaurants down the little back streets, a little further & you have the main old town, with shops, music,bars, cafe's, great places to eat also.

A walk down to the beach 5mins away, plus nice cafe's, bars on the way!
Booking this hotel again for September!

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor, which was quiet & peaceful, still had a side view of coast line.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank ber1850
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Wonderful sea view from our balcony short walk to Old Town Salmon for breakfast yummy up a hill many short cuts to be found the beds could be more comfortable but we're clean try for the 4th floor nice pool area in a nutshell you get what you pay for forget the star rating

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Pauline R
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Don't even think of booking this hotel. . .waste of money. Extremely dissatisfying experience. We booked the executive deluxe room and informed them that we work with a major travel company. We got over the fact that check in took forever and we had to wait for the room to be readied. It's the service after that which made the stay terrible.wi-fi didn't work for 2 days and we were told its a technical issue. we called room service to ask for shower cap but they were late in bringing it (and left it on the bed with my personal stuff instead of the bathroom while we were away)so I kept it for the next day. Next day the person who came to clean the room took away the shower cap. They didn't change the sheets. They picked up dirty wet towel from bathroom floor and put it back on the tub and took away all other towels without replacing it. When we called reception asking for towels, we were told they had some laundry issues and if we need towels we need to go down to reception to get it coz they don't have anyone who can bring it to the room( it was at 7 in the eve). Water leaks on the bathroom floor when you drain the bathtub. . So step on a pool of water when you step out of the bath tub, thankfully bathroom was big. Room is alright and view from the balcony is great. Unfortunately service is extremely bad for it to be called a 4 star hotel. Disappointed and can't wait to check out tomorrow. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shalini28
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Late review, stayed here last June, we had stayed the year before room 007 that was a awful room, did change rooms but cost us. We love Alberfuria, and the views from this hotel are amazing, there is about were it stops. The hotel had gone down so much over the year since our first visit.
The food wasn't very good, breakfast was a joke, I started bringing my own tomatoes as they never had any even though I asked every morning. They never had any butter only margarine and the toaster took about half an hour to work.
I had a sauna and when I asked for a towel was didn't have any, you have to use your beach towel, I thought spa's would provide towels.
Had a room on the 4th floor, quite small and the balcony's have very low walls, so not very private.
The hotel is dated and in need of some tlc. We paid over 600 pounds each so not a cheap holiday. The hotel has a lot of steps at the back and a steep hill down to the beach, this is fine if you don't have mobility problems. They lock this gate approx. 22.00 and you have to walk all the way round to the front of the hotel.

After reading the reviews it doesn't seem like much has changed. It could be one of the better hotels if they invested some money into it.

Room Tip: Th.e rooms on the 5th floor would be the best, although would be more expensive. Avoid the rooms under the pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple