“Needs star rating to be reviewed”

Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having booked and paid more for the 'luxury' of a 4 star hotel with half board, we were more than a little disappointed with this hotel. We were greeted with the most out of date, dark, depressing room that I have ever had the 'pleasure' of staying in. Our sea view was gained between some other buildings, and the balcony was extremely easily accessible via an extended balcony terrace that other residents could also go out onto. We immediately asked to be moved to another room but as none were available, we had to spend one night in this room. When we went for our evening meal, we were the only people there, and to be honest, it wasn't overly surprising as there wasn't much choice and the food wasn't particularly hot. Day two and things did improve, but only due to the fantastic view we had from our new room balcony. The room was marginally better but still very dated (I'm thinking 1980's dark wood furniture that I wouldn't even expect to find in a pensioners home). The bed was the lumpiest, creakiest beds I have ever slept in, not to mention the pillows which I personally would have thrown out! The walls are paper thin so you can hear everything, including the staff moving furniture about at 5am (I can only assume that they're doing up one room at a time). The food at breakfast was perfectly fine, with good selection of choices, and at least the majority of people were in the dining area so there was some atmosphere. The evening food did improve and we could only put it down to either the normal chef's night off, or our disappointment on the first evening, as we ended up eating there another 4 nights, even having some of the best Hungarian Goulash I think I've ever had! Entertainment was provided each evening in the restaurant which included a pianist, and a male and female singer. This would normally have been acceptable, apart fromt he fact that we were basically the only people eating in their every night and the restaurant had the capacity to hold about 100 diners! The pool area is grotty and again, badly needing refurbished. People had to specifically ask for umbrellas and they grudgingly put them out for you. Although the cleaners were very friendly, they were late getting to your room every day, and basically, all they seemed to do was top up the toilet roll and chuck the bed sheets back on the bed. No toiletries were replaced, the floors were dirty and dirty glasses and dishes with leftover food were unattended. The air con works fine, but is very noisy, so we ended up switching it off most nights. What I will say about this hotel is that it is in a good location - it's only 5 mins walk from the lift tower at the beach - albeit there are almost 60 steps to go down at the back of the hotel or a steep hill to gain access to the front of the hotel. The view from the 4th floor is stunning - which I was more than thankful for when I was out on the balcony. There is a communal seating area near reception that has the most stunning views - just a pity that the seating is disgusting and the glass on the balcony was broken and repaired, as well as paint peeling off everywhere! The staff are friendly, particularly Manuel who I think was the restaurant manager. I would without a doubt, go back to Albufeira, but I will most certainly not be returning to Boa Vista.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on the 4th or 5th floor. I can only assume that the 5th floor is the rooms in...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AberdeenLynne
There are newer reviews for Belver Boa Vista Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 August 2014

They gave our group a hard time because if my 15 month old son and said he can't even be in the lobby. They complained about not have free breakfast for my son and even tho we told them we had food for him. The second we walked in the women at the front gave us a hard time. We all ending up going to club albufeira and had a great time there

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Julienasc
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is by far the worst place! Definitely NOT a 4 start by any means. The holtel is old and run down. I booked in Feb for a family vacation in July. I booked a three bedroom apt and when we got there at 4pm we were told the room was not ready and the staff were very rude and unfriendly. When they saw we had a child (15 months) they said children were not allow, not even in the reception area. This really frustrated me as there was no mention that kids were not allowed on their website. They also asked for all of our passports not just mine (the person who booked). To which against our better judgment we provided... again they said they could not accommodate. When I asked what are we suppose to do last min? they didnt volunteer to help us find an alternate place. We went to spend 3 days and now had no where to stay. This was totally unacceptable when I made sure to book well in advance. I was extremely disappointed and embarassed to be Portuguese, specially since we had non portuguese family with us.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Noemia130
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is trying to survive on its past glories . It's hay day long gone. No where near its jet 2 , 3*+ rating definitely not its own well over estimated 4 star. I am definitely a half glass full kind of person and usually my positivity can annoy other people but and it's a big but this place had even me beat. First 3 days of holiday spoilt on arrival 10 pm shown where allocated room was from the balcony of 4 th floor by reception staff to room way down below the pool level 3 floors by lift then 50 + steps . ( no offer of help) electronic key wouldn't open door, back to reception 4 floors up . Get new key . Room was horrible . Smelt like a cellar felt like a dungeon . Right next to road and next door neighbour with 5 yes 5 yapping dogs . Back to reception . Given another room for the night. With a thread bare coconut matting a cracked sink no window and the tiniest balcony edged in barbed wire !!! Next day (Sunday)moved to 215 average room small balcony . 7-30 woken by the sound of no not the crashing waves of the sea . The sound of an angle grinder and a team of builders working below the balcony no it's not sea fret dear it's dust clouds. Bear in mind I had offered to pay more for upgrade but none apparently available . After contacting jet2 rep Monday she did get back to me after a second call on Tuesday afternoon . We are moving again ,4th room in 4days . Room ok pool view. Along with dirty grout, engrained dirt round taps dirty towels put back on rails , infestation of ants ,floors mopped with dirty mop that left a horrible smell, cockroach in the dining room and all day music from the pool bar which was far too loud for you to chill by the pool and had a grand collection of 3 CDs played over and over and over again. I could go on . If you want a very very average 2* hotel but want to pay 4* price .This is the hotel for you . Take my advice give it a wide berth !

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Helenpop
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Good value for money, affordable hotel with an amazing view and courteous staff. Hotel is situated near the town with restaurants/activities and away from the strip so is suitable for those looking for a relaxing/quiet holiday.

The area is not affluent so don't expect a high quality accomodation, you basically get what you pay for. There are little things that you just don't compare to other hotels simply because they are all different.

Only criticism is that housekeeping didn't take back a room service tray so remaining food/drinks were left to rot. But overall, very good accomodation and will stay again if I go back to the Algarve.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is definitely not 4*. If you like a variety of food just stay bed and breakfast as the evening meal there is not much choice. Its ok if you like fish, pasta, or meat, same every night. Lots of choice at breakfast, plenty of fruit, cereals, cold cheese/meats and a cooked breakfast, usual hotel food really. Staff were always pleasant and helpful especially Manuel in the bar, and reception who rang and booked a table at a restaurant for me for my hubbys birthday. We ate out 3 out of the 6 nights, the first night we missed as tired after arriving at tea time. Rooms ok, nice sea view but a bit daunting having a big window under bath/shower and no blinds! Getting clean towels was a joke, we left our bath towels on the floor after 2 days and not replaced. I went to reception and asked for 2 and was given what I assume were pool towels. Left these on the floor next day and they were picked up and put back on towel holders. Quiet area, beach a good 10 minutes walk away. When the pool guy had a day off the sun brollys weren't put out and the pool was not cleaned. Cant comment on the Spa as never used it, and we never saw anyone using it either. One tip do not offer the pianist who sings a drink. We made that mistake and his drink was more than our 2 put together, and we were drinking shorts.

Room Tip: 5th Floor as balconies look a lot bigger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shirley a
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was our first holiday for 8 years due to work commitments. We had a short 4 day break and wished it could have been longer. All the staff were friendly and helpful especially Manuel who works in the bar and takes great pride in offering excellent service. The pool was clean although a little cool!. Our room was clean, (No 317) bathroom/shower excellent after a long day lounging in the sun. Lovely view of the town and beach. Breakfast had a large choice with loads of fresh produce and lovely coffee. People who find fault with this hotel for the price are being totally unrealistic. We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: No 317 for wonderful views. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple