“Magnificent first class hotel & complex !”

Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Magnificent first class hotel & complex !”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for one week with ten family members. It's our second visit & we will be definately returning next year! Stunning resort with extremely friendly, helpful, & very professional staff ...nothing is to much trouble for them. We stayed in two of the Residences and on arrival my family were promptly upgraded to a penthouse suite which was a very nice touch. My daughter in law was disappointed with the block she had been allocated but within hours reception had sorted out a new residence in the block we had requested when originally booked. You cannot fault the accomodation it's first class all the way. We found all the restaurants excellent and the standard of food and choice very high. We especially enjoyed the mirador bar in the evening got the most fantastic views from where you can watch the sunset The men played golf & were very impressed with the beautiful course while the ladies sampled the spa which was probably one of the best massages I have had Christopher was first class. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone with young families through to teenagers. If there is one fault & it's only a minor one there maybe should be some kind of evening entertainment going on for those children and parents that want it.

• Stayed July 2014
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad to learn that you had a memorable and indigenous stay with us. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for your kind compliments on our associates, facilities, golf and spa. It is pleasing to hear that our efforts to deliver a memorable service are well recognized and our core values were able to exceed your expectations.

We also would like to thank you for recommending our resort to other reviewers.

We do hope you come back to our Resort in the near future and we look forward to welcome you.

Best Regards,

Guest Relations Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Polish first
Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have just returned from a 9 night holiday with my wife and my 10 year old daughter. We booked half board via Jet2 holidays.
First of all I must say that hotel, grounds and beach were absolutely stunning. It was a very relaxing holiday and came back refreshed. Was also impressed again with Jet2.
However there were a few faults to this hotel which will prevent us from returning. We have been lucky enough to have stayed in numerous 5 star complexes like this one around the Med and the canaries but this one fell short of others.
Main gripes.

Quality of food in buffet restaurants not very good. Food was always lukewarm and choice limited. Liked the O grill buffet as they cooked the meat/fish fresh.
Nothing to do in the evening. We were amazed to find out on the first night that there was not music/show on for all ages. We asked reception about what they had on for my 10 year old daughter and was told just the amusement arcade!
It seems that all families do is eat and retire to there rooms. It just meant we were back in the room a lot earlier than we expected.
Also, my daughter loves the pool but also likes to do other activities. There was a junior club but we had to pay extra for it. 7 euros/14 euros per activity. This was not explained in any websites so we were a bit disappointed. The club was Ok but very quiet. Sometimes she was the only one there!
Lastly, the prices of drinks. I do realise that you have to pay a premium when in 5 start hotels but did think it was just a bit too pricey. All that happens is I order less and buy more from the local supermarket.
I joined the Starwood Hotel club before I left which does gets you discount on some restaurants but not on drink. It is easy to do so I would recommend doing it.
Anyway, to summarise, a lovely, relaxing, clean hotel. We met some lovely families and had a great time but it just didn't provide the whole package for us. We will not be returning for this reason.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CardronaSmiths
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having share your feelings about your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read your compliments regarding our hotel, grounds and beach. However, we do regret to learn that some aspects were not able to exceed your expectations. Your remarks were worth of our best attention and shared with the Management Team for their consideration and action and please accept our sincere apologies. Despite your disappointment, we hope that we are still allowed to welcome you back to our resort and we will make your next stay memorable.

Kind Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Set on cliffs overlooking the beach the location of this resort is just perfect. The resort is very huge with lovely gardens, play area for kids and golf course as well. It is extremely kid friendly with a huge play area for kids which includes mini golf as well. A mini train which shuttles within the resort is also a major attraction for the kids.But apart from the facilities & beauty of this place I must comment on the service levels offered- they are best we have got till date in Europe. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful- the food options within the resort were awesome and of course food was extremely tasty. We wanted veg options which weren't in the menu but they made it specially for us. Would definitely visit this place again and would recommend it to anyone wanting to visit Portugal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Preeta1909
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor, we are grateful for your recommendation.

We are delighted to learn that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable, particularly the service you received. We are thrilled with the amazing compliments on our associates and we are proud to learn we have exceeded your high expectations.

Thank you for the nice comments on the children facilities, the train shuttle and the food quality.

We are happy our chefs went the extra step to meet your requirements.

We hope to welcome you back to the Resort in the near future where further memorable experiences await.

Kindly,

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Sheraton Algarve will always be a must for me. It's a short flight from the UK and offers an almost instant feeling of relaxation and escapism. My daughter married there this year. She was looking down from her balcony in her wedding dress and a little girl looked up and pointed and said "there's a princess" and that's how everyone at Pine Cliffs made her feel. Everyone must stay here once in there lives, relax in the gardens, walk the long beach and lose yourself. Finish the day at the bar on the cliff and pinch yourself, it's real!

Room Tip: Lots of great rooms, not sure if the sea views are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steveking57
Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to learn how much you enjoy staying in our Resort and we are enchanted and thankful for your outstanding feedback.

It was an honor for us to host your daughter’s wedding and we are delighted to learn we have been able to create a magic and romantic experience for her and her guests.

We would like to thank you for your recommendation and also your daughter for choosing our Hotel for such an important event and we look forward to welcome you back for more memorable family moments.

Sincerely yours,

Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We loved this property - perfect for kids. There was so much to do with the little ones and we had great accommodations. The view was on the parking lot but we had plenty of space to spread out (family of 5). Our dining experiences on the property were expensive and disappointing but we solved that by going into the town and had some great meals there. The staff was wonderful! Very helpful and professional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CzechCanadianChick
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your kind remarks regarding your experience.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed so much your stay with us and we would like to express our gratitude for the word on our associates.
Your feedback is highly appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Sincerely Yours,

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here from August 29th for two nights. We came here for a 40th birthday.
During my stay my wrist watch was stolen from the safe in my sister's room Rm 108, I stayed in Rm 155. I dropped our passport, money and wristwatch in her safe as she had checked in a day before while we were waiting to be checked in. We then went off to ZooMarine. When we came back my wife picked up my items from the safe. On check out 2 days later on the way to the airport I discovered she had forgotten the watch in rm 108. I called the hotel and went back to check my room 155 and checked her safe myself, the watch was not there. I reported this to the hotel by email and they promised to look into it. I left for Lisbon. My sister was due to check out the next day. The next morning I got an email from Bernado Pedro that my watch had been conveniently found after my sister had checked our in the open safe that I had personally checked in rm 108. I then asked that the watch be sent to me in Lisbon and Bernado told me it would cost between €300-€400 to send this to me from Albufeira to Lisbon. Which was outrageous. So I opted to travel 3 hours back by train to pick up my stolen now returned watch, and another 3 hours back to Lisbon. I have not had such a shoddy treatment from any hotel in my life. Considering more than 18 of us had come to Algarve to celebrate a 40th birthday party. On top of that I was going to be defrauded of another €300-€400 to send a wrist watch from Albufeira to Lisbon. My watch dealer in Lisbon ANSELMO 1910 confirms that this price should not have not have been more than €30 with insurance, a service the use regularly.

Room Tip: Rooms are okay
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Poppie08
pinecliffsAlbufeira, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest
We are glad to know that you have received your watch, which was found in your safe, and that the situation was clarified at the time.
We would like to thank you for your feedback, and please consider us available for further assistance, through out the e-mail: 00199.algarveguestrelations@luxurycollection.com.

Kind regards
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just spent 6 nights at the Sheraton Algarve after being in Spain for 10 nights. We were very impressed. The grounds were beautiful and absolutely gorgeous views everywhere you went.

We were first placed in a room right above one of the restaurants. We did pay for an oceanview room, and while this room did have a view, it wasn't the best. We did talk to Hugo who was the man in charge of the room accomadations, and he did show us another room, which was an upgrade. We decided to stay in our room, as the room we were shown, while it had better views and was bigger, it was very boxy with different rooms (sitting area, bedroom upstairs, etc.). Anyhow, to make a long story short, we had noise issues below us for the next two nights/mornings, and Hugo arranged for us to be moved as someone was leaving from a room exactly like ours, but it was at the end of the building where it was very secluded and a floor up, which was a much better view. He never made us feel like we were annoying (and I'm sure we were :) ) and he handled the situation with such professionalism. We were very impressed. He wasn't there on the day we moved, but had arranged with Pedro to take care of us, and again, such a nice man and very professional. Everyone we encountered in the front desk area (concierge, front desk staff, etc.) were absolutely amazing.

Yes the restaurants/drinks are much more expensive than if you go off the property, but I think you expect that with any hotel/resort, especially a higher end one. We booked our room with breakfast included and it was well worth it and very good. We did eat dinner at Corda Cafe (casual), Piri Piri Steakhouse and O'Grill. They were all very good. We also ate at the Italian across the street (it was ok, but nothing special) and an amazing restaurant in Albuferia called Ricardo's (also Italian). We sat on the roof top terrace and had lovely views and an excellent dinner. Both were very reasonably priced.

Lobby bar was beautiful and the entertainment we saw on two occasions was excellent. Actually the hostess at the breakfast buffet was the singer and she was very good.

Oh and we were informed that the hotel is undergoing a total renovation starting in October, as the rooms and some common areas are a bit older compared to the timeshare/villas. Although it's still beauiful now, I would love to see it once it is completed.

I really can't say enough about the service we received everywhere. It was first class all the way (without being snobby). All in all we had a wonderful time at this property and would definitely return if we were ever in the Algarve again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review of our property on Trip Advisor, your comments were highly appreciated.
It was certainly a thrill to read your feedback and very rewarding for all of us at the Sheraton Algarve Hotel to learn that service provided was so much appreciated. Thank you very much for your kind words. We also would like to thank you for your compliments regarding our associates Hugo and Pedro. We are happy to know you have enjoyed so much our Resort and its breathtaking views and we hope that you have the opportunity to return and stay with us once again.

Sincerely Yours,

Guest Relations Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,477 reviews
Blue & Green Vilalara Thalassa Resort

Been to Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort? Share your experiences!