“Full focus on their guest's welbeing!”
Review of Vila Mimosa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albufeira
Vila Mimosa
Glabbeek, Belgium
“Full focus on their guest's welbeing!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my first experience with a detox programme, and a very good one! I have been guided for my detox and my trip some weeks before my stay in Vila Mimosa, also getting guidelines for the week after. I only have superlatives to describe the organisation, the programme, the welcome, the professionalism and dedication of all staff membres, and last but not least the friendliness of everyone around. They are really focused on their guest's welbeing, doing every necessary effort. I was travelling on my own, and enjoyed every minute. I liked the focus on detox, healthy food, walks, treatments and other activities, it's a very balanced programme with sufficiënt possibility to adapt to your own need. I was in a group of around 17 ladies, several of them coming to Vila Mimosa for the second, third or even fifth time! Great experience, again on my wishlist for the future. Thank you Karen, Kees, and all the team! Big hug! Caroline

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Caroline H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Vila Mimosa. This time I followed the mild fasting program all week. Once again I left feeling energised and trim but the difference this time was a feeling of familiarity; the routine was easier and with the mild fasting I had more energy for the exercise on offer. I lost the 2 kgs I had gained over the winter, gained a sun tan and caught up with friends I'd met on my prior visit.
I would recommend thia retreat to anyone looking to get away from it all and rejuvenate. It won't disappoint.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexa888
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had been on a detox break in Thailand before, which was a really nice, experience, however for me the travelling left me feeling jetlagged for several days and although I lost weight it seemed drastic, with colonic irrigation and clay drinks, which didn't taste great. Vila Mimosa for me was exactly what I wanted from a Spa break and felt more like a health farm, with healthy juices and soups making me feel full of energy and vitality. I did 8 days juice fast and 4 days mild fast. The juices tasted delicious and I have continued to incorporate them into my daily regime. The soups really filled you up and you could have more than one bowl, with as many herbal and fruit teas as you wish. A massage and four lymph drainages were included on the twelve day fast and I booked another two massages. The staff are all lovely, nothing is too much trouble and they will cater for individual needs. There is a morning stretch, a morning walk which helps you to get to know the other members of the team, there is an exercise class late morning, aqua aerobics in the afternoon and an evening stretch or yoga, you can opt out of any of the classes and if you wish you could wear the bath robe supplied, all day if it suits. There is also a sauna and relaxation area and the open fires in the morning and evening gave the place a very homely feel. 2 trips each week are included to Albufeira and Loule and other trips are also on offer including an e-bike ride which is fab. I absolutely loved it and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Annette J
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

What a fantastic experience Karen and the staff maintain... Every day I noticed more of their simple touches, from the dressing of the dining room table, tea lights on the stairs, home made face and body scrubs, hot water bottles to the gorgeous smell of the newly lit fires in the morning. Nothing is too much for them. I was looking to blow away the cobwebs from the winter months and I certainly got that in abundance. The week left me feeling warm and as if I had been wrapped in cotton wool all week... perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own merit. My room on the first floor had a large balcony.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lorraine j
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have been in villa Mimosa over the last 18 years, so I can call myself a specialist on the different quality levels over the years: This management is the best ever!
She makes sure that the guests feel welcome, at home, at ease. Karen sees everything, pushes her staff to their optimal service and pleases everybody, also during though times. The results are astonishing, everybody wants to come back, so I have learned.
A great place to be, I felt totally reborn and happy.
Peter Langendam

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter L
Navarrenx, France
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Thank you all,,,Came to Vila mimosa, in search of tranquility and a place to recharge my inner being, could not have chosen a better place any where!! wonderful caring staff, 5 star food (i did the light cleanse) and beautiful accommodation. I have very high standards as a nutrition consultant and was so impressed as of November I will be running diabetes revitalization programs!!!

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter if you are a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank healthyyou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very laid back family-run retreat with a wonderful atmosphere. The simple but welcoming Vila Mimosa feels entirely like a home from home and the staff exude warmth. The fitness regime is quite busy but each activity is optional with a strong emphasis on listening to the body. There are two dietary options, a juice fast and a mild fast, both varied and generally very palatable. Spa treatments are very professional (the price of a week-long booking includes 3 treatments). I would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed October 2013